Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chanel's breeder just wrote me and told me that she ust "lost" Chanel's mom last month and is not over it yet. I replied back to her and asked if she meant passed away, and if so, how. Her mom was only about 5 years old. So, should i be concerned? I am freaking out.

~Elegant

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I would call her. Her email reply could still be vague... I'm surprised she bothered to write and then not give you the details.... wouldn't she know it would drive you crazy... call her!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Oh no! I'd be freaking out too. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it was a freak thing and nothing that could be hereditary! Keep up posted...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Oh, I would be freaking out too. Call the breeder so she can clarify this for you. I would think she would let you know more detail about what happened. I will be thinking about you and Chanel

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Why would she tell you something like that and not elaborate? She owes you a full explanation as to how Chanel's mom was "lost". Jeez. I hope it was some freak accident and nothing to do with Chanel.

I'll have my fingers crossed that it is nothing for you to worry about.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Man, I can't believe she wouldn't give more details.
Brink's dad got run over accidently after I got him. That made me sad.
Maybe it was something freak like that. Keep us posted. Big hugs!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I would definately call her and find how how Chanel's mom died. You need to know if a it was a disease that could have been passed on to her puppies.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
please call ur breeder and find out

maybe she finally found a good home for her since she was gonna retire her and find her a good home but just wrote u and said that she "lost" her

or maybe literally she really did lose her, like she ran away??

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I emailed her yesterday this message:

"I am sorry to hear about Molly. Did you lose her as in she passed away, or that you gave her a new home? If she did pass away, what was it from? How? I would appreciate knowing.

Again, my condolences.

~Elegant"

This is her response:

"Hi Elegant,

I can't talk about Molly yet. Just a stupid mistake made by a stupid woman
who wanted her. I'll fill you in when I can without falling apart. Thanks......."

Okay, so now what the fudge am I supposed to think? I might call her this weekend. Ugh!

~Elegant

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I hate to say it, but that sounds tragic. Either that or she was stolen, but definately not like a disease or anything (my feeling).

That poor woman
She is obviously in bad shape so you should take care when you call. I dont know how close you are to her but maybe just a phone call to express how sorry you feel for her and maybe she will tell you what happened without you having to ask.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I hate to say I told you so but I had a feeling that her second email wouldn't be any more helpful. She may be someone who doesn't find it easy to express herself by writing. I would call her. She obviously has reached out to you. After all, she didn't even have to tell you. I truly think she wants to talk to you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do try to be very compassionate to your breeder, I read her email as the breeder tried to place Molly in a home and that new owner did something wreckless/ or wasn't thinking and something tragic happened. Perhaps she contacted you just so you would know what was going on if you tried to reach her, but I definitely don't think that you have to worry about your own puppy. How sad!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just found out what happened to Chanel's mom.

Her breeder just told me that she sold Molly to a lady who lives in Fresno. On
her way out of Yucca Valley, she decided to let Molly out of the car to go
potty. Of course Molly took off and although she looked for hours that day and again for hours the next three days she couldn't find her. She was in coyote and mountain lion territory and she said she is sure she was killed within the first hour.
She said she just can't believe anyone could be that stupid!!

I feel horrible about this. I tried finding an owner for Chanel's mom and I emailed lots of people...this sucks. I wish I would have been able to foster her.

Ugh.
Very sad to hear this.

~Elegant

1 - 20 of 31 Posts