Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have been through conformation classes with your Malt. How much or roughly how much did you have to pay for classes?

I ask this, as I checked with Jae-Mars, here locally and they charge by the class, $6.00 for each class that we show up for. Does that sound right? or reasonable?

I know I can join lifetime obedience, agility, etc for like $300.00+ (not sure of exact amount).

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
I became a member of a kennel club that is a drive for me but well worth it. By paying yearly dues of about $35 I don't have to pay for individual classes but like may clubs occasionally there are requests for donations for expenses. This kennel club has good experienced people in it and I have learned allot from being a member. Jeanne

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in the process of becoming a member of our local Kennel Club, so at the next meeting in May, I will ask them about that. I know that Jae-Mars is a member and so is my vet.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
Our 'local' class is free (but it's only 6 weeks a year, which stinks) The next closest class is in about 50 min away and they charge $8, i think, so not a bad price for your class!

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
The drop in classes I have seen are usually either $5 or $10. A couple places do in between at $7. Sounds like a bargain.

What are those lifetime classes you are talking about? I've never heard of that. Most of my obedience classes are around $100 for a 6 or 8 week session. I have taken some that are $150.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Yeah, sounds like you got a pretty decent deal there, Laura. Kewl!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I pay $10 for a 1-hour drop in class. And just signed up for a 6-week basic obedience class for $125. Sounds like you found a great deal at $6/class!

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
That is a deal. We only have one place here that offers conformation classes and I would NEVER go there if I was doing conformation. I'm not sure of their price, but it is fairly cheap, but they could give it to me for free and I still wouldn't attend.

The obedience classes I go to are around $150 for 5 classes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts