Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

Premium Member
Oh my gosh I LOVE that Maltese
Your so gifted
I use to crochet and embroidery, cross stitching was something I loved.
I made quilts also
I don't do this any longer.
I did make Walter and little Lucky matching afgans a couple years ago
That was my last crocheting
Years ago I made a few baby afgans and embroidery quilt squares for one day
my great grandkids.
Its amazing how time changes things.
I love seeing your crafts

Paulann is also so gifted

Registered
Discussion Starter #42
Oh my gosh I LOVE that Maltese
Your so gifted
I use to crochet and embroidery, cross stitching was something I loved.
I made quilts also
I don't do this any longer.
I did make Walter and little Lucky matching afgans a couple years ago
That was my last crocheting
Years ago I made a few baby afgans and embroidery quilt squares for one day
my great grandkids.
Its amazing how time changes things.
I love seeing your crafts

Paulann is also so gifted
Great that you used to crochet! I go through phases, I will go on a craze and do one project after another, then I will not touch it for months or even a year. I think the pandemic has me more interested in crocheting now, keeps the stress down. 馃槅

Premium Member
CHF takes too many of our "kids". I lost my sweet Archie to that. He was diagnosed with a slight heart murmur back in 2012 and he lived until March 2016. His meds were $200 a month but they could not save him. I hope your sweet baby doesn't suffer to badly. I now believe I waited too long for my decision to put Archie to sleep, his life was awful in the end.

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
CHF takes too many of our "kids". I lost my sweet Archie to that. He was diagnosed with a slight heart murmur back in 2012 and he lived until March 2016. His meds were $200 a month but they could not save him. I hope your sweet baby doesn't suffer to badly. I now believe I waited too long for my decision to put Archie to sleep, his life was awful in the end.
Oh I am so sorry about Archie! Sometimes its hard to know when its time, only afterwards can we see just how much they have declined and how bad they really were. It happens so slowly, hard to see at the time.

Yes Lollies meds are about $100 a month, but what ever it costs to keep him breathing well! I won't keep him alive if he starts to suffer. He is doing well so far with his last med adjustment. Appreciating every day as they come with him.

Registered
Discussion Starter #46
Checking in on little Lollies
Good morning!

Oh how sweet of you! 馃挅

Lollie is doing good this past week, he has good days and not so good days though. Mornings especially can be rough on him, he gets very cold and shivers, obviously his heart isn't circulating his blood well. And on these types of mornings, many times the entire day sets him up for weak spells. So I automatically put a sweater on him every morning now. But he's still a happy boy, even played a bit yesterday before bed! Yesterday he was too cold to eat his breakfast, this morning he wolfed the bowl of food down! This is what he is doing right now. 馃槏

Thanks for looking in on us! I hope all is well with you and yours!! 馃挅馃挄馃挅

Registered
Discussion Starter #47
Just an update, Lollie is still with us! 馃惗 He had a collapse last week and he gets more tired with each passing day. But he still tries to play, barks for his food and wow, his appetite is still going strong! We cherish each and every moment with him. 馃挅馃挄馃惥

Super Moderator
I am glad that he is hanging in there. It is really difficult when they start to develop these health problems. The fact he is playing and eating are really good signs.

Reactions: TwoCrows

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
I am glad that he is hanging in there. It is really difficult when they start to develop these health problems. The fact he is playing and eating are really good signs.
Thank you! This is exactly how we are taking this day by day. As long as he has a good appetite and enjoys life, we know he's still ok. He's starting to cough more, wheeze a bit, one day at a time here. He still gets all the lovin' and has no interest in leaving his family! 馃槉

Premium Member
Thank you! This is exactly how we are taking this day by day. As long as he has a good appetite and enjoys life, we know he's still ok. He's starting to cough more, wheeze a bit, one day at a time here. He still gets all the lovin' and has no interest in leaving his family! 馃槉
i hope he continues to do well. I will watch for updates.
My girl just got dx with leaky valve. I鈥檓 hoping it doesn鈥檛 develop into anything that will have her suffering more than she already does from her other medical issues.
Sending positive healing prayers to your boy 馃挄

Premium Member
Holding you close in prayer & thoughts! Big hugs!

Registered
Discussion Starter #52
Thank you both @maddysmom and @edelweiss we appreciate the prayers!

@maddysmom I hope your girl with the leaky valve does ok. Always stressful when things go wrong with our babies. I will definitely be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers! 馃挅

Registered
Discussion Starter #53
Just wanted to let you all know, we put Lollie down yesterday. He was having daily collapses and seizures. He was beginning to have trouble breathing and the breathing was getting louder. He was nauseous a lot and was losing his appetite. Lollie got so weak and feeble, he was definitely pulling away this past week.

This is SO hard to get past, we miss him SO much, the house is incredibly empty without his little spirit and I just hope I get a sign soon that he is ok where ever he is. Hopefully he made it over the rainbow bridge. 馃槶

Thank you all for your support. Give your babies hugs for me. 馃挅

Registered
Just wanted to let you all know, we put Lollie down yesterday. He was having daily collapses and seizures. He was beginning to have trouble breathing and the breathing was getting louder. He was nauseous a lot and was losing his appetite. Lollie got so weak and feeble, he was definitely pulling away this past week.

This is SO hard to get past, we miss him SO much, the house is incredibly empty without his little spirit and I just hope I get a sign soon that he is ok where ever he is. Hopefully he made it over the rainbow bridge. 馃槶

Thank you all for your support. Give your babies hugs for me. 馃挅
I am so so sorry. Sending you hugs.

Registered
Discussion Starter #56
Thank you so much! The quality of his life had diminished greatly this past month, the vet said we didn't wait too long nor did we bring him in too soon. My heart is in a million pieces right now, he will never be forgotten.

Thank you for your kindness.

Premium Member
What a super Mom you are/were to keep so in step w/Lollie & do the last best thing you could to keep him from more suffering. Bless your heart! I pray you will find peace in that & that w/time your good memories of your life together will resurface to cheer you. Lollie is certainly enjoying his new healthy body over in what some call "rainbow land" & what I call heaven. God created all things great & small & loves them dearly---he is in good hands!

Premium Member
Leyla, I am so sorry to be reading the sad news about your precious Lollie.

I love what Sandi wrote for you ... her words express my same thoughts for you. I hope you find peace and comfort in knowing that you were such a loving and caring mommy to your beloved Lollie.

Now Lollie is an angel in Heaven. I pray you can feel Lollie鈥檚 angelic spirit surround you and your heart with love, peace, and comfort.

Sending you healing hugs, Leyla. 鉂

Registered
Discussion Starter #59
@edelweiss @Snowball Pie's Mommi Thank you both SO much! 馃 We gave Lollie the best life we knew how. He really declined these past weeks and he was no longer enjoying life, so many collapses and seizures. Its only been 3 days since we had him put down, feels like 3 months. I am still struggling with his loss and probably will for quite sometime. Thank you for your kind words. 馃挅馃挄

41 - 60 of 61 Posts