Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17,634 Posts
Lady has had problems with conjunctivitis the past few years. In her case, my vet said it is caused by her allergies. I think it can also be caused by a bacterial infection.

How much longer will Ty be on the drops? I'm surprised that after a week of treatment it's still goopy-looking. Lady's eye usually looks better in 24 hours. Of course, I start treatment with the first sign of green goop, so that may be why. If Ty's eye was infected for awhile, it will take longer to clear up.

I can't see how a bath would bother his eye. You don't get shampoo and water in his eyes anyway, do you? I use large squirt bottles (kethcup & mustard ones!) for water to rinse so I can control it and not get it in eyes or ears.

· Registered
17,634 Posts
Lady's prone to conjunctivitis, too, from allergies. I keep Terramycin on hand (non-prescription, but approved by my vet) and it clears it up quickly.

I don't know where you live, but in here North Carolina this is a terrible time of year for allergies with the trees doin' their thing! Lady gets Zyrtec and it really does help her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.