Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two boys are almost constantly wrestling, biting, and chasing each other around the house. I know that they like to play, but it gets very tiresome especially when you need to concentrate on something. The NO! command works for about 10 seconds. Any ideas how I can calm these boys down a bit?

They are always trying to hump each other too. Its important to note that they are both males - one is neutered and the other is not. Is all of this behavior a dominance issue?

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
The humping is likely a play behavior.
Separate them in their crates for downtime or have enforced mat time where they each have to stay on their own mats until released. Dogs are like little kids, they don't always know when it is time for a break. Enforced down time will keep everyone happier.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yup............just like little kids. I put my pups ( the 2 youngest each in their own X pens ( the pop open kind are excellent ) so they can play and rest without company for a part of everyday........especially when playtime gets a little rambunctious !
My older Malt is not usually part of the wildness although the young ones can spin her up. Here is a picture of the pens. They fold flat and set up in less than 1 minute.
Zebra Pet Dog Cat Tent Puppy Playpen Exercise Pen Crate - eBay (item 250601774661 end time Mar-24-10 21:18:11 PDT)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts