Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made some homemade doggie cookies today for my babies. They were peanut butter cookies, but I also added some applesauce for flavour. My daughter came home from school and grabbed one and ate it
She liked it, and ate another!! I told her they are so healthy, I'd pack a few in her lunch
She turned me down though, thought the other students would think she was weird eating a cookie in the shape of a bone

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
What a cute story.......and your three furbabies are so adorable! Yes, they can come visit Pico anytime they want. I'll let them all sleep on top of me and have a 4 Dog Night!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
When I was young I use to give my baby sister milk bones to eat...told her they were cookies. She loved them! One day while I was at school my sister (who was about 3) told my mom she wanted a cookie. My mom gave her a regular cookie, my sister didn't want that kind she wanted the kind I gave her. My mom couldn't figure it out so she had my sister show her which ones. While my sister showed her the milk bone box. My mom wasn't to happy with me, but I told her my sister would have great clean teeth. To this day we still talk about it...tell my sister she owes her perfect, white teeth to me.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Mar 18 2005, 12:29 PM
When I was young I use to give my baby sister milk bones to eat...told her they were cookies.  She loved them!  One day while I was at school my sister (who was about 3) told my mom she wanted a cookie.  My mom gave her a regular cookie, my sister didn't want that kind she wanted the kind I gave her.  My mom couldn't figure it out so she had my sister show her which ones.  While my sister showed her the milk bone box.  My mom wasn't to happy with me, but I told her my sister would have great clean teeth.  To this day we still talk about it...tell my sister she owes her perfect, white teeth to me.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44201
[/QUOTE]

AW!
Funny story!!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay everyone, here is the Cookie Recipe I used

Peanut Butter Cookies
1 1/4 cup water
1 cup smooth natural peanut butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons applesauce, unsweetened
1 teaspoon honey
4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup barley flour (or you can use cornmeal, but reduce water to 1 cup + 1 tablespoon)

1. In a large bowl, whisk together water, peanut butter, egg, honey, applesauce
and vanilla. Stir in flour until well mixed.

2. In the bowl using hands, knead until dough holds together. Transfer to
lightly floured surface and roll out dough to about 1/8" thickness.

3. With a fork, poke holes all over the surface of the dough (so dough won't rise
when baked). Using a cookie cutter or sharp knife, cut dough into bite sized
shapes and place on cookie sheet.

4. Bake in preheated oven(350F) for 18 minutes or until firm. Place pans on racks
and let cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 300F and bake for
20 minutes longer or until hard. Transfer cookies to rack and let cool
completely. Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 30 days.

I don't know how many cookies I actually got out of this recipe, a lot though because I use a very small bone cookie cutter. I filled 4 cookie sheets, so probably around 6 dozen or so I'd guess.

Happy Baking!!!!

Pat

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Mar 18 2005, 01:29 PM
When I was young I use to give my baby sister milk bones to eat...told her they were cookies.  She loved them!  One day while I was at school my sister (who was about 3) told my mom she wanted a cookie.  My mom gave her a regular cookie, my sister didn't want that kind she wanted the kind I gave her.  My mom couldn't figure it out so she had my sister show her which ones.  While my sister showed her the milk bone box.  My mom wasn't to happy with me, but I told her my sister would have great clean teeth.  To this day we still talk about it...tell my sister she owes her perfect, white teeth to me.
[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh what a story... I'm laughing my head off

·
Registered
514 Posts
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Mar 18 2005, 09:29 AM
[/QUOTE]
Hmm...I wonder if they're good? I need whiter teeth! lol! Funny story! Both of them!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I use to do terrible things to my baby sister...the one time my mom left us in the car while she ran into the store. My sister was about 3.5 and she just wouldn't stop talking. I took duck tape and wrapped it around her whole head...left space for her to be able to breath. My mom was so mad! I told her I just couldn't take the talking anymore. My little sister would let me do whatever I wanted to her. My sister had this beautiful long blonde hair. My mom had to cut it because of all the tape.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts