Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
What a great idea ---I've never even heard of them but I really like the idea and it doesn't seem to be too expensive.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
You took the words right out of my mouth - I was going to post about cooling vests as Hunter does a lot of outside walking (and therefore panting!). Anyone have any experience with these??? (do you mind if I add this question to your post Jennifer?). I was also looking at the mats - I do hope someone has tried them!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
I've never used the cooling mats and also wondered how/if they work.

When I showed the Lhasas, however, we used to take a human ice bag and put crushed ice (or frozen peas) in it and have it under the fluff's stomach. It worked well to keep them cool.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Silly me, I bought a cooling mat and vest last year and never used it. The weather is perfect currently but I intend to try it when I get a chance.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I ordered the mat from GW Little and it should be in here in a few days. I will let you know what I think when we use it. I got size small in gray.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I've made my own in the past using decorator fabric and the little gel crystals. They work great. PM me if you are interested in directions. The gel beads are the same ones that can be purchased in gardening stores and mixed in with potting soil for use in flower planters (reducing the need for frequent watering). For a much less expensive source for the gel crystals, go to Hydrosource Cross-Linked Polyacrylamide - Super-Absorbing Co-Polymer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts