Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We have a new addition in our family. We decided to name him Cotton Candy. He is 8 weeks old. As a kid I have had two cats a normal pom and a toy pom. But this is our first time as pet parents. We are very excited to have candy in our lives.

Spoiledmaltese seems like the best place to get all the information about my pup. There is a wealth of information out here and pet parents with a lot of experience. Hope to contribute as well.

Thanks
Sachin (Cotton Candy's Dad)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Welcome to SM Sachin and Cotton Candy. I love the picture of him giggling. He is adorable. I am looking forward to watching him grow up with us.
🐶 🐾🌻

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all!! Will continue to post pics as he grows. He got his first set of vaccines yesterday. He was dull the whole day which got us super tensed. He seems to be doing fine this morning. Hope he grows into a healthy and a happy boy :)

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Welcome!
We have lots of threads regarding vaccinations, that you might want to read.
Alot of us titer our dogs. If they show enough immunity, there is no need to vaccinate, which can cause lots of issues especially in small breed dogs. My girls have never needed another vaccination since they were a year old, fully protected via titer results.
Your baby boy is very sweet...best of luck with him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome!
We have lots of threads regarding vaccinations, that you might want to read.
Alot of us titer our dogs.
Thanks a lot @maddysmom , I am going through the vaccination thread and there is a wealth of information. But I find it slightly risky here in India to go without vaccines. I had not heard of titering, will read through it.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Thanks a lot @maddysmom , I am going through the vaccination thread and there is a wealth of information. But I find it slightly risky here in India to go without vaccines. I had not heard of titering, will read through it.
I'm glad you are reading and learning about vaccinations! We're not saying not to vaccinate, but rather be careful how you do it. The only vaccine I give any of my dogs is rabies every 3 years because it's the law in California, and they have positive titers for parvo and distemper, so they will probably never need those again after their initial set. But it does depends on your geographic location and law.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm glad you are reading and learning about vaccinations! We're not saying not to vaccinate, but rather be careful how you do it. The only vaccine I give any of my dogs is rabies every 3 years because it's the law in California, and they have positive titers for parvo and distemper, so they will probably never need those again after their initial set. But it does depends on your geographic location and law.
Thanks for the clarification @zooeysmom. This makes a lot of sense and I have learnt something new :)

I read through titering and we will definitely explore this option for our baby.

Candy says Hi to all of you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts