Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks Edelweiss and Cheryl!! I tried uploading a few pics on the original post but could not.
Candy relaxing in the middle pic a few hours ago as if nothing ever happened and it was all a bad dream of ours
First and 3rd pic show him with IV line in the hospital

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Candy is doing alright now. Thanks a lot for all the prayers. He is turning 5 months this Friday.

Our daughter just loves him and has started a youtube channel.

Also attaching a picture of him.

·
Registered
Kobe, 3 months, Maltese
112 Posts
I’m so glad he’s doing so well and we really enjoyed the videos. Thank you for sharing with us. Your daughter is just beautiful. She and cotton candy are so photogenic. I can’t wait to see more photos in the future and more videos to if you’re willing to post for us.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Candy turned 5 months yesterday. We got him the rabies vaccination and within few hours it had an allergic reaction. Called the vet and he suggested a tab which we administered immediately. He still has swollen eyes and redness but doing a lot better. Hope the allergy comes down completely with second dose. Feel sad for candy as there's some or the other negative episode.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Quick update: Candy has recovered completely. It was another scare for us. Really wondering how we can be better parents for him.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No one can really predict allergic reactions. You were being a good parent when you got him the help he needed. I’m glad to hear he recovered quickly.

·
Premium Member
5,427 Posts
I’m so glad Candy recovered. I wonder if the vaccination were the trigger. Your story sounds very similar to what happened to my Lacie when she was under the BYB care. The breeder had vaccinated her and she crashed the next day. She ended up being treated for parvo for 5 days in the hospital.
I hope Candy continues to flourish. Sounds like he is in perfect hands with people who love him very much.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks @maddysmom. Hope Lacie is doing wonderful now. All Maltese pet parents have to keep in mind that they are tiny and very delicate. We have decided to stop all our vacationing (like trekking in the Himalayas etc) and any place where we can't take candy along. Don't think he will do very well in kennels and day cares. We travel almost every month and love visiting remote places..this is one major sacrifice we are having to make for all the doggy love he is bringing in into our lives.

·
Premium Member
5,427 Posts
Thanks @maddysmom. Hope Lacie is doing wonderful now. All Maltese pet parents have to keep in mind that they are tiny and very delicate. We have decided to stop all our vacationing (like trekking in the Himalayas etc) and any place where we can't take candy along. Don't think he will do very well in kennels and day cares. We travel almost every month and love visiting remote places..this is one major sacrifice we are having to make for all the doggy love he is bringing in into our lives.
Well... he is tiny enough to throw in a backpack 🤷🏻‍♀️ that’s the one benefit of having a maltese...they are tiny enough to take into most places without anyone noticing, well, unless you have my 3 and then they turn the place upside down and get us thrown out, lol.
Candy still doing well?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts