Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my husband and I have been sick on and off the past couple of months. (his first year of teaching so hes exposed to all the 'kid germs' and brings them home I think, because we are never sick.) Anyway we have had cough drops sitting around, or had them in our pants pockets and they have fallen on the floor. Caesar keeps finding them, will unwrap them and lick on them awhile. He never finishes them, we just find a soggy wrapper and a cough drop stuck to the carpet!
I cant believe he continues to try to eat them each time he finds a new one because obviously he doenst really like them, and I cant say that I blame him, I dont even like them. We thought we had picked them all up but he had found another one yesterday. Now I think our apt is coughdrop free except for hte med cabinet. Anyone else's try the cough drops?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Nov 23 2004, 05:37 PM
So my husband and I have been sick on and off the past couple of months.  (his first year of teaching so hes exposed to all the 'kid germs' and brings them home I think, because we are never sick.)  Anyway we have had cough drops sitting around, or had them in our pants pockets and they have fallen on the floor.  Caesar keeps finding them, will  unwrap them and lick on them awhile.  He never finishes them, we just find a soggy wrapper and a cough drop stuck to the carpet!
  I cant believe he continues to try to eat them each time he finds a new one because obviously he doenst really like them, and I cant say that I blame him, I dont even like them.  We thought we had picked them all up but he had found another one yesterday.  Now I think our apt is coughdrop free except for hte med cabinet.  Anyone else's try the cough drops?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18216
[/QUOTE]

I would be very careful to keep all medicine out of reach of your baby. One time I spilled a bottle of Advil.. the kind with the hard coating and my first Maltese Rosebud ate half of one that didn't get picked up. When I called the after hours vet clinic they said to bring her in... it can cause problems... can't remember exactly what (kidney?) Anyway, it just seems logical that the medicine in cough drops can not be good for our tiny babies.....

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
you should get fruit breezers cough drops...they taste pretty good when you're sick.

my niece, kayla-3yrs old, (this is totally off the subject) asked us for our skittles chapstick...so i gave it to her(of course) and she wanted to put chapstick on all the dogs. lol. it was cute!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Nov 24 2004, 08:26 AM
you should get fruit breezers cough drops...they taste pretty good when you're sick. 

my niece, kayla-3yrs old, (this is totally off the subject) asked us for our skittles chapstick...so i gave it to her(of course) and she wanted to put chapstick on all the dogs.  lol.  it was cute!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18363
[/QUOTE]
Aww that is cute with your niece wanting to put chapstick on the puppys! :D
I will try the Fruit Breezers next time I have a sore throat (hopefully no more for a while, I had tonsilitis in oct then just a week long sore throat, stuffy nose and cough in Nov.)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Nov 23 2004, 05:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Caesar's Mommie
@Nov 23 2004, 05:37 PM
So my husband and I have been sick on and off the past couple of months.  (his first year of teaching so hes exposed to all the 'kid germs' and brings them home I think, because we are never sick.)  Anyway we have had cough drops sitting around, or had them in our pants pockets and they have fallen on the floor.  Caesar keeps finding them, will  unwrap them and lick on them awhile.  He never finishes them, we just find a soggy wrapper and a cough drop stuck to the carpet!
   I cant believe he continues to try to eat them each time he finds a new one because obviously he doenst really like them, and I cant say that I blame him, I dont even like them.  We thought we had picked them all up but he had found another one yesterday.  Now I think our apt is coughdrop free except for hte med cabinet.  Anyone else's try the cough drops?

I would be very careful to keep all medicine out of reach of your baby. One time I spilled a bottle of Advil.. the kind with the hard coating and my first Maltese Rosebud ate half of one that didn't get picked up. When I called the after hours vet clinic they said to bring her in... it can cause problems... can't remember exactly what (kidney?) Anyway, it just seems logical that the medicine in cough drops can not be good for our tiny babies.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18254
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes I agree with you about keeping medicine out of reach. I think advil would be worse than the cough drops, because it can cause kidney and liver damage in humans, and we have a lot bigger bodies. The cough drop thing we didnt know we had them in Caesar reach, they had fallen out of pockets or the bag we had packed to go visit my grandparents with. Once he had gotten ahold of one, its like he can smell them now to find them, unwrap them and apparenly he only sucks on it some because we always find them stuck to the carpet and they dont look as though they have even been sucked on, but were obviously sucked on since they are glued to the carpet
. So I am thinking he must not like them very much (I cant blame him on that!). :D I know he has a big thing for suckers though. I had a big one and coudnt finish it all and so I threw it away. Well alittle later I realized Caesar was very much enjoying it laying on the floor next to the trash can. He had gotten into the trash and got it out. (it isnt a huge trash can, a small one in our kitchen). Maybe that is why he sniffs out the cough drops, they are cherry flavored, thinking he has hit gold with finding a lolly pop! I did take the sucker away from

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Nov 23 2004, 05:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Caesar's Mommie
@Nov 23 2004, 05:37 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18254
[/B][/QUOTE]

By the way, I love that picture of Kallie in your avatar, she is smiling! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts