Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Crate and Playpen Cleaning

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Brinkley & Neyland's Mom 
I second the bleach use....You can mix a solution of 1 part Clorox to 1 part of water and either use it in a spray bottle (buy one new, never put bleach into a used container of any kind) or with a sponge. You can also buy Clorox Cleanup, but it's a lot more expensive than making your own. Let the solution sit on the hard surfaces for at least 30 seconds before wiping down. If there are any urine spots, please use Nature's Miracle before you use the bleach solution. The combo of urine and bleach can cause harmful fumes...they may not be enough to cause you a problem, but they could be for your dog. You can follow the bleach solution with a wipedown of NM. NM is isopropol alcohol based. Same thing with Cinch cleaner. The combo of the bleach and the alcohol will kill all bacteria.

I saw that too...maybe the ingredients are in different concentrations? Once I accidently picked up NM Skunk Odor Remover...it looks exactly the same. I didn't do an ingredient check though.

Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko+Feb 14 2005, 11:44 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-LadyMontava
@Feb 14 2005, 08:43 PM
bleach is the best dissinfectant..it kills EVERYTHING.  as long as u rise well, it is the best.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35431
Well my THANG is, I cant see it, so I don't know how well I rinsed it! LOL.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=35474
[/B][/QUOTE]
You shouldn't have to add extra bleach to your dishwasher....dishwasher detergents all contain bleach. It's one of their primary ingredients because of it's effectiveness. As far as clothing and bleach is concerned, only use liquid bleach on whites. Clorox's website has some great bleach tips. I only use bleach on my white laundry, but I do go through quite a bit of it in my house. I use it in the toilets, on the sinks and bathroom counters, kitchen sink, floors, and the list goes on....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.