Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

CrAzY cOoKiE dAnCe!!!!!

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Lissa 
#1 ·

When we first got Brit'ny we got her a bag of little doggie treats to use to aid in potty training. When we used to give her one, she would lick at it, sometime eat it (but most often not), but mostly ingnore it.

Now when we show her a cookie, the whole world stops! She gets so happy and does the
CRAZY COOKIE DANCE
! She twirls in little circles on her hind legs and will balance forever!

I have often seen Maltese dogs do this little hind leg twirl... is this something that this breed does? Do all Maltese do the Happy Cookie Dance? Or maybe the Happy Food Dance or Happy Toy Dance?

I have seen so many maltese do it on TV and in person, I personally think it should be included in the American Maltese Standard description and that a show dog has to do it in order to get a championship!

See less See more
#5 ·
Massimo does the walking on his back legs thing too (there's a pic of him doing it in my gallery) and he does dance when you ask him too (well, ONLY when there's a treat involved), I'll get that pic on there too...it's pretty funny!! I've only had bigger dogs before Massi, and I think it's the greatest thing when he walks or dances! Aren't Malts great!

#7 ·
Maya and Daezie have done couple times only. most of the time they just sit and stay still until I give them the treat
since they were puppies I tought them to sit in order to get the treat and now when i want them to stan on the hind legs they wont

#9 ·
LOL! Tuffy and Brit'ny coulda came from the same litter! She dances for EVERYTHING! If I just show my hand to her or if she wants to be picked up or if she is just happy!

I love it I never want her to stop!

She will even do it in public! I went with my friend to look for apartments and I put her on the floor and held out a little crumb of cheeto and she twirled 5X in a row! Everyone loved it!

#10 ·
'Rocco does the dance too. And its very odd because he's not the most active, outgoing little guy. When he hears the word "cookie", the whole world just stops. He could be passed out cold on my tummy, but I'll mention the word, and he jumps up and starts the dance. When we're out in public and he feels very shy around people he doesn't know, he'll turn towards me and start to dance, then scratch my legs while he dances so that I'll pick him up and "hide him" from these people he doesn't know. Too cute!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.