Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kinds of crazy items has your furbaby drug out as toys?

Today I was laying in bed talkin on the phone to my grandma. All of a sudden I hear a thud thud thud of plastic. Then I realize Caesar decided the base that holds the toilet bowl cleaning brush would be a fun thing to play with!
The thud I was hearing was him trying to jump on the bed with it in his mouth. It being a little bit too long, kept hitting the side of the bed and falling down...very very gross, but kind of funny. That toy was takin away pretty quickly.

Dryer sheets are another thing that he thinks are just wondeful to play with. If one falls out of the clothes I am folding, he will grab it and run as fast as he can into the other room to try to start tearing it apart before I take his 'toy' away. :D

·
Registered
994 Posts
Thats hard to answer i mean if i left things around for Maxi to get into it would be endless, i leave the bathroom door closed all the time.......I also leave so many chew bones out for him he doesnt have time to really find something to get himself in trouble with..

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi loves the dryer sheets! I have also caught her eating lint from the dryer and also her hair after I cut it
Oh, she loves anything plastic (storage containers, laundry baskets, plastic lids, etc.) She likes clothes pin too, but those get taken away pretty quickly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well Maggie loves to drag really huge stuffed animals around. I mean I am talking like 8 times her size and weight.(she looks like a little flea next to them) heheh! I also call her my little termite because she is chewing up all of my card board boxes that I have had stored (new carpet being put in).

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi loves the cardboard boxes too! Last weekend I was helping my parents clean out my grandma's house (finally sold it). We had cardboard boxes all over the place. Lexi was in chew toy heaven! :lol: She really liked it when we started to clean out the kitchen and my mom dropped some plastic lids. Before she could pick them up Lexi came running in grabbed one and took off for the other room. I go walking after her and there she is with the lid and a bunch of strips of cardboard. :lol: Everytime my mom "dropped" a lid Lexi would come runing to get it. She was very good at entertaining herself while we boxed up. Every so often she would come out and chew on the box we were backing.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Tiki loves all of the things previously mentioned... especialy the dryiner sheets and huge stuffed toys! He of course thinks the cat is is own personal play toy but I believe his favorite is wrapping paper cardboard tubes. It is the funniest thing when he picks it up by the end and trys to run away with it.....draging this 36" long tube behind him and trying to jump up onto the furniture with it. We usually laugh for a while and then put the tub up on the couce for him. In no time at all it is 1,000 tiny pieces of cardboard!

Judi

·
Registered
9 Posts
"Having to keep the bathroom door shut" sounds very familiar!!!! If not, toilet tissue will be from one end of the house to the other!!

Roscoe & Lexie love 20 oz drink bottles. They will run that thing all over the house, but I have to take it away when it gets flat because they start chewing on it.

They also love their stuffed (used to be stuffed now) toys. It's like a game to them when they get a new toy with stuffing. They will work and work and work trying to get the stuffing out. Now they just run around with their flat & flimsy toys in their mouths.

They are so funny sometimes!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Zoe will do anything for Kleenex. She can smell them when they are in someones pocket and will dig at your pocket until she can get it out! She also loves her pacifier (a human one for babies) and toilet paper rolls/paper towel rolls. I read the horrible story about someones furbaby ingesting one of these cardboard rolls and getting really sick so once the ends get soggy I just cut them off with scissors until her toy is very very tiny!
For some reason she also loves to chew on towels and shake them around. She'll shake a washcloth so hard she'll fall over! Crazy puppy....

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Yeah, that was my Brinkley that ATE the toilet paper roll and got so sick... :wacko:
He doesn't get them any more. Scared me too bad. I was thinking that as I read the other posts. Just be careful with them.

Brinkley loves dryer sheets also and anything paper.
His favorite toys are anything he is NOT supposed to have.
I still cannot convince the kids, especially Emily to not leave her toys and stuff laying where he can get it. I don't know how many of her pictures he has eaten up...and toys he has chewed...she has a pair of plastic dress up shoes with feathers that he adores!!! He also loves her plastic playfood from her kitchen set. He also gets her baby dolls...which are usually as big as he is and drags them around...messes up their hair...she absolutely freaks out! :eek: But, she won't stop leaving them around. So I don't let her get mad at him. Her fault...LOL.

This morning I dropped the scoop to the dog food...the measuring cup...as I was feeding him. He took off with it, and in my rush, I forgot about it. This evening I went to look for it and could not find it anywhere. I knew he could not have taken it out of the kitchen. I finally found it in his house buried under his blanket! LOL Goofy thing! Who needs expensive dog toys?

Our 12 year old cat Spencer, who has no claws...that is his personal play slave. Although Spencer does not play back. Bless his heart. I finally have to just pick him up and put him on the other side of the gate because Brinkley is SO rough, and Spencer either will not, or cannot move fast enough to get away. He (the cat) has long hair and Brinkley grabs it and yanks and tugs...it is awful. The other cats play chase with him around the furniture and stuff, but they have claws, so there is very little contact.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts