Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone , i want to share what Mitzi does , its sooo cute
ok she likes being on my desk in front of my puter and im sitting in front right, so then i start making kissing sounds to her and look at her, well she gets in this attacking position and everytime i get near her face kissing, with the kissing sound she attacks my lips!! i have been bitten ALOT of times with those sharpies
I just find that so cute , what must she think ?? im playing ? or is she like some little kids that dont like kisses from there aunts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Originally posted by maltlover@Apr 4 2005, 07:15 PM
HI everyone , i want to share what Mitzi does , its sooo cute 
  ok she likes being on my desk in front of my puter and im sitting in front right, so then i start making kissing sounds to her and look at her, well she gets in this attacking position and everytime i get near her face kissing, with the kissing sound she attacks my lips!! i have been bitten ALOT of times with those sharpies 

I just find that so cute , what must she think ?? im playing ? or is she like some little kids that dont like kisses from there aunts 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=48941
[/QUOTE]

Sounds cool, but what worries me is that she might have a time to interact with a child and bite the child. If she is not around small children that sounds like a whole lota of fun

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
It really isn't a good idea to allow her to bite you in the face even if it is in play. As Malteze said, it could be a big problem if she bit a small child or even another adult.

Momma dogs teach their puppies bit inhibition early on (before 12 weeks) because this is unacceptable behavior. Depending on what age you got Mitzi, she may or may not have learned this important lesson. If not, it up to you to teach her.

Just a word to the wise about puppies. That "cute" behavior in a puppy can be quite obnoxious in an adult dog. It's always a good idea to project ahead to when Mitzi is grown up when evaluating whether or not ceratin behavior is acceptable or should be corrected early on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts