Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Zoe gets really excited while playing she'll suddenly have this burst of energy and run FULL SPEED (serious really fast) around the room. Her ears fly up and straight back since she is running so quickly and she will be growling nonstop and running into every space she can fit into, doing these weird lopsided laps around the room. Just as fast as it starts it will stop and she'll just colapse at look up at us like nothing happened.
Does anyone else's malt have these crazy little episodes or is our Zoe just unique?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Chanel does the same thing. She will run all over, really fast (no growling though), at top speed, and then she flops down like a mop on the the floor when she gets tired, then she's back at it again. It is a total crack up!

~Elegant

·
Registered
100 Posts
heheh! Yes...Maggie does this too! She does it a lot when I am playing on the floor with her or if I yell something like 'Yahooooooooooo!'...then she goes hot-dogging around the house (growling too). It is so funny..but now she is even doing it on my bed. Imagine that? Running up and down and around my bed growling (at a million miles an hour) and I am just sitting there cowering under the covers looking at this spectacle like...'What in the world!' lol I bet these little pooches could outrun the horses at the horse races. heheheheh

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Yes Brinkley does this too!!! Hilarious!!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
This is one of my favorite things!
We call it "motoring" and it just cracks us up every time.... we always have to get him going when guests come over and they love it.
Tiki will motor around the house just after his walk, if you clap your hands and start to run, or if he sees a picture of a dog on a magazine or mail add (that is my favorite!). If you don't pay attention and play with him he will jump up on the couch and "huff" at you, if I still ignore him he will lay down in that "flat" possition and stare at me with those big, beautiful, black, sad, puppy eyes (that I can't resist) until I give in.

Judi

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi does this both inside and outside. When she does it inside it usually means she has to poop. When she does it outside she runs in figures 8s. It is so funny watching her!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Nichole@Aug 19 2004, 11:09 PM
  He runs like crazy when playing with Wally, right after a bath or after he has pooped in the house.  <_< 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=7138
[/QUOTE]
Zoe will also go crazy right after she's done something she knows is naughty...like biting socks for example!

How funny that everyone's turn into little speed demons too...just another great trait of this breed!

·
Registered
447 Posts
My Shih-Poo, Cisco, does that (he lives with my mom now), He is almost 9 yrs old and he still runs around the whole house even up and down stairs in Hyper Dog Mode! Its the funniest thing! He usually does it when me or my boyfriend come over, because he hasn't seen us in a while, or if he needs to go to the bathroom #2. My mom says he's "shaking his food down"! LOL Brit hasn't done it yet... she runs hecka fast though so Im sure it will only be a matter of time!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Sampson used to do this when he was younger, all of a sudden he would just take off, run circles around the room full blast, he is 5 now and seems to be slowing down

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Tuffy does this all the time! I love watching it so I sometimes try to get him to do it on purpose. My sister and I always will say that "he has his jet pack on" when he's running at full speed. He usually only does it when he's super excited about something, like when my husband gets home or when we are playing really hard. Sometimes he'll even jet pack when he's having fun with his toys. I've noticed that he growls sometimes now when he jet packs too.. but only when he's running past me or my husband, he doesn't do it the whole time :lol: I think this is probably one of the funniest things he does, I love it!

·
Registered
447 Posts
YEA! Brit'ny finally did it! She races circles around the cat, Mariah, and then runs through the circle and tackles her and then starts racing circles again!

HAHAHAHA! So entertaining! I love it when she is done and all out of breath!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts