Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is really strange. We were out of town this weekend, we all went up to our cabin (me, parents, Spencer and Nelson). Well apparently while we were gone someone was in our fenced in yard.

I put up these little ghetto plastic white picket fence things, for your garden you know? Just like this http://www.mymodelships.com/product_images/pid_7076-Amish-Pine-Outdoor-Country-Pine-White-Picket-Fence-11.jpg

I put them around the areas Nelson kept going to we didn't want him to. Back behind our pond, and in corners/under bushes. We do have real wood fences all the way around the yard. And a gate down in our alley between the 2 houses. The one side of the yard has about 8ft tall fence. The other probably 4.5ft. And the front gate probably 3ft. Like it is completely fenced in. So someone jumped one of the fences or gates to get into our yard. And took ONE of the little white picket fence sections, that were hooked together. In the one section by the corner near the bushes I had 4 pieces together, 1 was laying on the ground next to them it was extra, and they specifically took one that was being used.

I am all creeped out now, we are wondering why on earth someone would do that. We asked our neighbor whom we are good friends with (on that side) and they said they didn't see or hear anything. Like did someone do that thinking we wouldn't notice and they are annoyed by Nelson and his occassional barking outside? That they think he would get out without that fence there? I mean he couldn't, but maybe they don't know that. Like we don't even let Nelson out without going out with him anyway. Why would someone do that, it doesn't even make sense.

I'm just creeped out now that someone was in our yard, then I was like what, did they put antifreeze in the yard too or something? I mean nothing was taken from our garage that doesn't lock from the yard side, there's tool and stuff in there. Just a piece of fence. I wouldn't be worried about it if our yard was open for all to walk through. But someone really had to climb over a gate or fence to get in. Like why? And why take 1 section of an 8 piece cheepy fence?? :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
That is strange.
My first guess would that part of the fence blew away or was disturbed by an animal.
But you didn't find the piece anywhere.
It's definately not under the bushes?
Of course, you've prob looked everywhere for it and it's gone.
So someone must have taken it.
Maybe they needed one more piece of fence to make something.
Maybe you can video your yard?
Or just put up alarm signs?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it definitely didn't blow away, nor an animal...as it is hooked together. And it was one of the middle pieces of a 4 piece section. So I know a human had to have taken it lol.

I just don't know what the motive would be. They would have had to come into the yard to even see them in the first place. And why the 1 section that was used to make a barrier, why not the 1 lone extra piece that was laying on the ground next to it?
That is what makes me think it ws deliberate, like someone did that so the dog would get past the barrier maybe without us noticing or something? But we obviously spotted it right away, as we carry him outside and stay out there with him at all times.
We've never had any inkling before of anyone ever being in our yard. And nothing else was taken or disturbed that is what is strange...

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Could of been a neighbor kid. I wouldn't get to worked up about it.

Be concerned, but don't worry. If it's a huge concern, then add some kind of security to your yard.

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Well if I were that concerned I probably would have called the police to report trespassing--had them come out and take a look and file a report. If it were anyone nearby perhaps them witnessing the police at your place or hearing about it would put some sense into their head.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well my dad is a cop haha. And most people around here know that. We aren't TOO worried about it, it's just strange more than anything. Peculiar...I don't understand the motive behind it.

Like I have no idea why someone would climb over a fence, we have a privacy fence that's what it is. Climb over a fence to come and take a piece of like $5 plastic picket fence for a garden?? Like you wouldn't be able to even see the fence till you were in the yard. And nothing else was disturbed or taken. Which is why I thought maybe it was something deliberate towards Nelson. I mean yeah he barks from time to time out there, but we bring him in right away...so I don't see why someone would be that annoyed by him...dogs bark.

I just want to know where our fence went hahahha. :huh: And what someone had out for it...

See this is how high our fence is...minus all the snow now of course haha...but its over 6ft. Maybe like 7.

But its completely fenced in.

And then this is an old pic of Andy and Spencer, with the tiny white fence in the background...with a shorter fence on that side (we are friends with those neighbors so we made it shorter over there) But still about 4ft and would have to climb over it and from the neighbors yard then. :huh: :huh:

Weird...and so random.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts