Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Oh and here's a Maltese. http://crosstitch.com/dogs.shtml Here's some more. http://www.barkbytes.com/bis/maltse.htm This one is my favorite! http://www.bmdesigns.co.uk/ Of course it would have to be in pounds again! Oh wow look what I found! http://www.epossibleonline.com/detail.cfm?ID=33 Happy dance!
To order the Maltese go here http://www.epossibleonline.com/results.cfm...1&SubCategory=8 and scroll down. I just wish I could find that I love music one for you now. I will keep looking for one.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I don't know what is going on with Stitch and Country. I have ordered from them for quite awhile and ever had a problem, but the last order I placed for a pattern and some R&R overdyed fabric was a problem, too. I got an email from Laura saying neither were available any longer and she needed to update her website.

I thought it was just a fluke, maybe a not so mainstream pattern (Celtic birth announcement), until you related your experience. I feel badly for recommending the company to you if they have scaled down their stock.

A word to the wise about the Pegasus Maltese. It IS for advanced stitchers. You have to work with about 5 or 6 different shades of white and gray that all look alike, plus use belnding filament (for sparkle) in some areas. I keep needles threaded in bags with the floss for the different colors because sometimes you have to change the color every few stitches or so. You also have to work in small squares or you lose your place.

The finished piece is lovely, but it can make you crazy sometimes! Best to stick to the easy ones in the beginning!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
haha... thanks for filling me in on how difficult the maltese pic is!! haha.. I havent ordered it yet! (Thanks FannyMay for finding those sites!
I'm still deciding which to order..
)
I got soooo anxious to start at least something for practice, i went to ACmoore and bought a pansy picture for my mom. The pattern is stamped on it... i dunno if i'm wild about that... but i guess for practice it can be helpful. I have noticed that I will do one section GREAT and then the next section not too hot..
Maybe its because I'm not used to it... but i havent even cross-stitched yet. It said to do the silk stitch first... which is a lot of green leaves. You should see me... i'm all into this!!
I cant wait to see the finished product!
Ohh.. and i have called around to different shops that are about 30mins from my house and this one store is going to try ordering in Music Lover for me... i'll have to wait and see if they can get it for me... i really hope so... and then i found a friend of family that always goes in that area so he can pick it up for me if they ever get it in. I hope this is a good sign!! I need to have it all finished and framed by the end of July!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thanks for the link! I tried ordering the same items on that web site... we will see if i get an email saying they are out of stock again...haha... CROSS your fingers!

I also got a book of sunflowers... (my bf's mother loves those)
when you click new items... there is a guitar on there! (I had to get that too!
)

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Well... I have recieved all my patterns except the music lover one now... and i have a few questions...
What is the difference from Adia and 32 count white linen (2 over 2)?
I was also looking around for DMC floss... I was wondering where is the cheepest and what is the Cheepest price you can buy them for? I saw one web site selling it for $.33.... is that cheep because i will be buying A LOT of them to get myself started?

Ladysmom... I just reread what you said you have to do when making the maltese cross stitch picture... you said something about blending filament.... what exactly is that? The Reflections picture uses that also. (I'm not going to start the Reflections one until I do some more practice ones but I do want to attempt it... it looks easy for the most part just HARD when your doing buildings... the whole sky is simple!)

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Walmart and AC Moore have the cheapest floss for about 24 cents. It lasts a long time so you really won't spend that much on floss unless you start getting into the hand dyed sampler threads.

I'd recommend starting with a 14 count Aida or another evenweave. It has little squares so it is much easier to use than a linen. When you get your floss, take a look at them and you'll see what I mean.

You'll have to get blending filament from a specialty needlework store or online as craft places like Michaels or AC Moore don't carry it. In the Pegasus Maltese, I used a white, pearlized blending filament mixed in with the floss to give the picture a shine/highlights in certain areas. I am currently working on a birth sampler for my brand new grandaughter that also calls for blending filament. I ordered it from Stitch & Country.

I can't wait until you are able to start a project. It is very addictive! A a great stress reliever...unless you make a mistake! Check your work often as those little X's are a pain to take out!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Well I have started a project. I bought a kit at ACmoore to practice before I recieved my patterns. Its a picture of pansys for my mother. It will probably take me a while to do.. but its helping me learn what i can and cant do.

I asked about the linen because I never saw what it looks like and my one pattern tells you to use it. Sooo... does that mean there are NO squares on linen? How do you know where to count? Here is a question... can I use adia when the pattern calls for linen?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
It;s much harder to count on linen since there are no squares. You have to go over 2 threads and have really good eyes because the weave is so tiny.

You can switch to 14 count Aida easily. If your pattern calls for 28 count linen, it will be the same size on 14 count Aida.

Happy stitching!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I was wondering if anyone could help explain alittle bit more about different flosses. I went to acmoore last night and saw there were different types of DMC floss. What is pearl cotton dmc? When would i use it?

I do not know much about floss at all... an info about the different types of floss available and when to use it would be great! Also what does the different types of floss do to the picture?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
WOW
there is a LOT of detail! I bet it would look wonderful though.
I cant seem to find a pattern for a relative that passed away. A memorial or something really nice... I guess people dont do that? Maybe i'm weird?!
Cause i would also like to do a dog memorial for my other dog that passed away.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.