Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tomorrow is the big day for Alex. We were at the vet this morning to draw some blood for the pre-anesthetic panel and the platelets count. I will have to bring him in at 9 am but can stay with him until they take him to surgery. They will start with the dental and when he is under the orthopedist surgeon will check his leg to make sure he needs the surgery. The vet I talked to this morning said they will not do the TPLO, that is mostly for big dogs. He will have a bandage for a few days. I hope everything will be allright.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
AWWW poor baby. I'll be thinking of you and Alex. A billion XOXO's for you and your baby from ButterCloud and Noriko. I hope all is well.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
aww good luck to u and alex we will all be hopeing for a speedy recovery!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I hope everything will be all right with little Alex. It is always so awful when our babies are having anything medical done to them.... My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.... please keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
This must be scary for you. I'm sure everything will be alright. Good luck to your little one. Sylphide sends the best of her Maltese kisses, of which she has many.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
DMZ----hahaha...They are such boogers huh! We need to put a crown on cookie's head

How's Alex? I hope ok!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Surgery went fine. The vet is pleased, it was not too bad. They did the dental, the ligament repair and stabilized the patella. They did not have to do extensive work on the patella. He has a bandage until next Tuesday. If it bothers him too much we can take it off Saturday. We have a gel for pain medicine to put in the flap of his ear twice a day. He is still a little groggy from the anesthesia and afraid to walk or move. I am typing with one finger because he is laying on my shoulder. We cut up a cardboard box, put some towels in it and put the box up on my desk. Will take a picture when I have free hands again. Don't know yet how we are going to sleep. He will feel better tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
aww glad hes home...hope he has a speedy recovery!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts