Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tonight I was rubbing my malt's tummy when I noticed her nipples were not pink like usual. They look like 2 black heads. I was just at the vets today for something else and now this. I am freaking out !:w00t: Can it be just dry? is it related to her recent grooming? Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.
Jenna
P.S She is 2 years old and spayed

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I have no idea, I'm sorry. :( I have London who is 3 and spayed and she doesn't even really have nipples at all so I don't know! I'm not sure what the black could be from, are you sure it's not just pigment on her skin? The crustiness could be from not enough moisture on her skin, but I suppose it could also mean something is wrong.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I really can't say for sure but my first instinct would be to think that it has something to do with her getting shaved so close to the skin recently and getting razor burn, as per your vet. I would call your vet tomorrow just to be safe though. Sorry I'm not much help.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Tonight I was rubbing my malt's tummy when I noticed her nipples were not pink like usual. They look like 2 black heads. I was just at the vets today for something else and now this. I am freaking out !:w00t: Can it be just dry? is it related to her recent grooming? Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.
Jenna
P.S She is 2 years old and spayed
Dont worry ,just wash poochies nipples with some mild shampoo
using a soft tooth brush then dab on some baby oil ,this should do
the trick .. her nipples are fine the black is just old skin..:wub:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really can't say for sure but my first instinct would be to think that it has something to do with her getting shaved so close to the skin recently and getting razor burn, as per your vet. I would call your vet tomorrow just to be safe though. Sorry I'm not much help.
I took her back to the vet and the vet said they were nicked from her groomer. Tiny little scabs that should go away on their own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts