Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got caught up an some recent post about urine stains. So many of us are looking for a way to get rid of stains in carpet. We have 4 little dogs in our house and one has a bad habit of missing the pads. Good thing she is only in the house temporarly. N E Ways. we have alot of pee pee accidents. What we do is when we see it we use resolve carpet spray for pet stains. Then about once every two weeks we shampoo our carpets. We have invested in our owncarpet shampooer. I know they can be very expensive. John and I we sure could afford one at our house but we would go to he grocery store every few months and rent the rug doctor which work great and do the whole house. I just wondered why/ if more people shampoo their carpets for the pee stains?

Also one night I was watching an infomercial (sp?) and it was for a little rug docter. They were under 250 I think. I just thought for those who have multi-pets or one with a bad pee pee issue this would work great.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
We use a carpet cleaner about once a month. I got mine from Sears. I think it was like 299. Well worth it to me. Renting one was a pain.
In between we use the Nature's Miracle. I also like Resolve and Spot Shot for carpet stains...but they don't have the enzymes in them. Spot Shot is great for things like spilled coffee or soda.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I have a Bissell Easy Steamer which does a really good job. It's small and light and was really inexpensive. I find it great for cleaning those high traffic areas, not just potty accidents.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
My parent's have a carpet scrubber. I just borrowed theirs. I've thought about getting one of the small carrying type carpet cleaners.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
I think, if I am understanding everyone's concerns correctly, the problem everyone is having is that the carpet treatment isn't actually removing the stain from the carpet; just masking the odor and still leaving a stain. I think they are using the blacklight after using the pet products and are still seeing pee stains, so therefore their pet may still smell the spot and continue to urinate there.

I shampoo my carpets three to four times a year (I borrow my mom's Electrolux--it is awesome) and I am sure there are still pee stains.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Sep 27 2005, 04:26 PM
I think, if I am understanding everyone's concerns correctly, the problem everyone is having is that the carpet treatment isn't actually removing the stain from the carpet; just masking the odor and still leaving a stain.  I think they are using the blacklight after using the pet products and are still seeing pee stains, so therefore their pet may still smell the spot and continue to urinate there. 

I shampoo my carpets three to four times a year (I borrow my mom's Electrolux--it is awesome) and I am sure there are still pee stains. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=104057
[/QUOTE]
Yes! That is the problem I'm having. I think I will be borrowing my mom's carpet cleaner when I go home every few months. Maybe I can talk her into getting a new one and I will volunteer to take her old one off her hands!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I use Oreck shampoo for dog and pet stains on the carpet where I keep Teddy's pad...about once every two weeks or if he misses then right away. I have never seen anything work better. Now it is $25 but worth it to me. You do not need alot of the solution and you can't smell it or see it when dried.

I actually buy 4 at once and they only charge me for 3 so it does bring down the price. (I just went to get the link and it is listed as $18, so I think I have been getting ripped off at the Oreck store
)

Here is the link. It really is great stuff and I will continue to buy it even though I seemed to pay more than I should.

http://www.oreck.com/cleaning-supplies/no-return.cfm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts