Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I've heard all of you going absolutely RANK about the MO site - and curiosity killed me. I decided to join it just so that I could have a look at it - I did this with no intention to ever post there, but to see what it's all about and what people are upset about.

I've now read a couple of strands and I KNOW I will never post there. Somebody asks a simple question and instead of them answering it and being useful, they blast the person because they didn't "do their research and think things through". What a mob of know-all bas***ds!

What is with that??? I thought that the whole idea of a forum like these was to assist in the wellbeing of each and every member of the breed. Not to knock people for asking a question! It has made me SOOOOO angry!

Who are they to tell people who can, can't and shouldn't have a puppy!! GRRRR

Boy am I glad that this was the first forum that I came across!!!

J

·
0 Posts
Now you know. I don't even go there to read anymore. This forum is much more friendlier and not judgemental at all. I figure the other forum can be ran as the owners see.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
To be honest, I post on Maltese Forum and here as well. I love this forum and the freedom of speech. I also love my Yahoo Groups! While I do agree that Maltese Only has many rules and people seem a little mean, the bottom line is that they are trying to help. Sometimes when so many people constantly make mistakes, they get sick of repeating themselves over and over again.

Maltese Only has the same topics over and over again:
1) I want to breed
2) Price of Maltese
3) Size of Maltese
4) Recommend breeders

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I have not set foot over there since I found out he treated Joe like that!

I refuse to support someone that acts in that manner! There is no sense in it!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Sep 26 2004, 10:21 PM
Sometimes when so many people constantly make mistakes, they get sick of repeating themselves over and over again.
i was wondering if they do get sick of repeating themselves they can just not post a reply,they dont have to post a reply every post and be so rude..

i dont know, ive been banned from that site too, i guess coz im a member here..i cant log in so i guess im banned..

i love this site!!! so friendly and everybody seems like one whole family! thank you Joe!!!!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Sep 26 2004, 09:24 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10065
[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% with u Tlunn! I will not support anything owned by someone who acts that bad over competition ( I am guessing) of another forum! Besides that I can understand they get sick of repeating themselves, that is understandable, but if that is the case, they are able to read the subject before opening the post....just don't open the post. I haven't been there in months and will not go back ever. The posters that have been there forever (or what seems like forever) really have a high horse like the owner of MO as far as making curious posters who are seeking advice feel like a real idiott. They made it sound terrible that my husband works and I am going to school to have a career also because that means our puppy is left alone/will be left alone some throughout the day. I am just glad people here aren't as judgemental, rude, and are honestly here because we all love our maltese, not because we feel like we are above others.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I remember having to get up the courage to post over there way back when because a lot of the posters seemed to be so snippy, and then when I finally did post, I was totally snubbed. I haven't been back there in forever because this place totally rocks.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Sep 26 2004, 11:24 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=10065
[/QUOTE]

I'm with you 100% too. I will NEVER, EVER go to that childish site. The nerve to have acted so stupid with Joe.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You are all very wise to choose this site over MO.
I was on it for 5 years. Actually I thought it was the only Maltese site on the internet. DUH I never had searched out any other one because back then it was a pretty nice site. But... has it ever changed.
They are RUDE, CRUDE AND IMPOLITE in the worst way to their posters.
I guess they have what they want in the way of 'snooty', 'up ity' people that must really be insecure; because I have found throughout life that people who try to put other's down are only trying to build themselves up because of their insecurity.
This is a WONDERFUL site and Joe is super about keeping it up to date and he even ANSWERS :lol: our questions.
I love it here
wouldn't change for the world.
And Sassi & I Love all the neat, helpful people here !

:excl:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Snert's mom: glad to see you posting again. I remember you from MO and always liked your posts. If I remember correctly, Sassi lives the good life and enjoys boating with you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts