Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, since it sounds like I will be getting a 4lbs dog what is a cute carrier for that size? I'm looking for something less then $150. Preferably with room for me to put some of my things.

I have Lexi's Celltei Tote-o-Pet but it will probably be huge for the puppy. It would be fine for when she has to be in there for awhile but what is a good carrier for running around town?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I love my Juicy...you could go for a fake if you want to save some $. I have found that most of the carriers out there (Target, Petsmart) are way too big for a little thing. You might do well going to a "doggie shop" and seeing what is on sale. Also, you might want to ask Glamour Dog or some of our other shops what their opinions are. Target did have an adorable Isaac Mizrahi (however you spell his name) basket type of carrier that I am very tempted by. It is really cute, but it is very open on top and looks more like a straw box with handles. Maybe not the best option for a puppy. The Bali II bags are nice, and in the right price range.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Honestly... kodie is 3.2lbs and I have a Cellti bag. I dont think a bag from them will be too big. It all depends on how much room you want to give you baby. I dont think i'll be getting a Juicy now that I saw one in person. Kodie would have to lay down the whole time in the bag because it doesnt have enough room for him to sit up. You might have to wait until your pup is full grown to really see what will work for you. Sometimes a pup is 4lbs and has a Long body... sometimes a pup is 4 lbs and is really tiny.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Kodie@Jun 2 2005, 08:01 AM
Honestly... kodie is 3.2lbs and I have a Cellti bag.  I dont think a bag from them will be too big.  It all depends on how much room you want to give you baby.  I dont think i'll be getting a Juicy now that I saw one in person.  Kodie would have to lay down the whole time in the bag because it doesnt have enough room for him to sit up.    You might have to wait until your pup is full grown to really see what will work for you.  Sometimes a pup is 4lbs and has a Long body... sometimes a pup is 4 lbs and is really tiny.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67947
[/QUOTE]
What size Celltei do you have? The one I have is the small.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I tried both the small and x-small celltei bags. Phoebe was not quite 4lbs when I tried her in the extra small but she hated being that cramped (and she wasnt really cramped- there was extra room). It as a good size for me but those couple of extra inches I wanted as spare room for her. The small size is fine for us even though extra roomy. I will tell you that her favorite bag is the cheapie from Target. Its roomy and she will climb right in that thing when I bring it out. Its a rectangular shape but I can't zip her totally in it.

I had such a hard time with bags, especially since I didn't want her to outgrow them after spending all that $$. My best advice would be to wait until you have her and test her out in some of Lexi's bags if that is an option.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jun 2 2005, 10:07 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@Jun 2 2005, 08:01 AM
Honestly... kodie is 3.2lbs and I have a Cellti bag.  I dont think a bag from them will be too big.  It all depends on how much room you want to give you baby.  I dont think i'll be getting a Juicy now that I saw one in person.  Kodie would have to lay down the whole time in the bag because it doesnt have enough room for him to sit up.    You might have to wait until your pup is full grown to really see what will work for you.  Sometimes a pup is 4lbs and has a Long body... sometimes a pup is 4 lbs and is really tiny.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67968
[/B][/QUOTE]
I have the pouch a pet model... I have to check when i get home but its either XS or S.

The best bag I have for Kodie is this black bag I got in NYC... its rectangle shape and has smeshing on either side... the top zips up totally. There are also two pockets on the side to put things in.
I tried looking on ebay.. but nothing is like the bag i'm talking about.

Celltei has the best quality for your money... so if you want a nice bag with some room for things you want to put in the bag I only suggest Celltei. For a 4lb pup I would prob get the small.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Kodie+Jun 2 2005, 10:13 AM-->
Originally posted by Lexi's [email protected] 2 2005, 10:07 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@Jun 2 2005, 08:01 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67968

[/QUOTE]
I have the pouch a pet model... I have to check when i get home but its either XS or S.

The best bag I have for Kodie is this black bag I got in NYC... its rectangle shape and has smeshing on either side... the top zips up totally. There are also two pockets on the side to put things in.
I tried looking on ebay.. but nothing is like the bag i'm talking about.

Celltei has the best quality for your money... so if you want a nice bag with some room for things you want to put in the bag I only suggest Celltei. For a 4lb pup I would prob get the small.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68039
[/B][/QUOTE]
Ok, I will hold out and try the Celltei I have. Might look for something at PetSmart, PetCo, or Target. I like the carriers that look like purses.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
i wouldnt get the lexington carrier if i were you.. it looks huuge! lucy has a 16" long carrier that she can practically live in. we've been using it instead of a crate. you might want to find something smaller, cuz if theres no need to carry all that bulk.. why bother?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by puppylucy@Jun 2 2005, 10:43 AM
i wouldnt get the lexington carrier if i were you.. it looks huuge! lucy has a 16" long carrier that she can practically live in. we've been using it instead of a crate. you might want to find something smaller, cuz if theres no need to carry all that bulk.. why bother?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68062
[/QUOTE]
Yeah that is one thing I don't like about my Celltei. It is just a little bit too big to carry around all the time. At first I had ordered the XS tote-o-pet and it was a great size but it would have been too small for Lexi when she got bigger.

If I ordered another Celltei I would probably get the Pak-o-Pet. Might wait until the winners of Celltei's Calendar contest are announced (just in case we win).

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
The black bag I described from NYC is kinda like a black purse! People never know I have a dog inside of it.
A bright colored bag will draw attention to your bag... then they see your dog... and if your at a place that doesnt allow dogs.. forget it! haha

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Kodie@Jun 2 2005, 12:41 PM
The black bag I described from NYC is kinda like a black purse!  People never know I have a dog inside of it.
  A bright colored bag will draw attention to your bag... then they see your dog... and if your at a place that doesnt allow dogs.. forget it! haha

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68162
[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking the Black Classic Pak-o-Pet or Khaki Active Pak-o-Pet. I want something that is neutral colored.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by dhodina+Jun 2 2005, 12:56 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Jun 2 2005, 12:46 PM

I'm thinking the Black Classic Pak-o-Pet or Khaki Active Pak-o-Pet.  I want something that is neutral colored.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68166
I just bought Tunny the XS Classic Pak-o-Pet (thanks LP). He is about 4.5lbs I will let you know how he likes it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=68172
[/B][/QUOTE]
Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts