Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Target the other day and noticed that they had some cute dog jean jackets for $9.99. Here is a pic of Lexi wearing her's:

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually groom her myself but in January I took her to the groomers. The cut she has now is from then. I have trimmed the top of her head. When I do her face area I use a small scissors I got at PetSmart. They are slightly bigger then a cuttical scissors with rounded tips. I'm afraid to use anything bigger. She used to be really good about letting me cut her hair. She would just sit there until I was done but I was letting her hair grow out over the fall and now she doesn't stay still. So lately when I do it it looks choppy. I go back through it with a thinning shears to help blend the cut a little.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For those of you that are having problems viewing the pic here is a link to it:
Jean Jacket

nataliecmu: I think they are new. The Target I got mine from had a bunch.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I can't see the image but I went to your smugmug to see it. She KNOWS she looks cute in it! She looks so happy to model it for us!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
She has so many nice jakets were do you take her out in them.
I have a really nice one for chelsey , but we don't really take them walking in winter it just way to cold for them.
They just go out in the back yard and now we really have to watch them when they are out as there are halks in the area.
.We have not had a chance to take them out in there new coats
in summer it will be do hot.
They have only used there water prof jaket so far.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The pink jacket she doesn't wear at all. The blue one she wore outside when it was cold this winter. She would only go out to pee.

I know I'm going to get some comments about this. I use a collar for Lexi. When she was on the harness she would pull pretty bad so my trainer had me try a collar last fall. She walks so much better on it.

I guess if you used a harness you would havet o cut a little hole in the jacket for the D thing to come through.

Target does carry some dog clothes but most of them are only available online. I went to their site and they have clothes ranging from $20-100. Target Dog Apparel

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I hate it when the dog clothes doesn't come with a hole for the harness...During the blizzard we had here, I got so bored that the domestic side of me came out, and I cut and sewed all of Peanut's jackets and shirts so that the harness could work with them
Surprised the heck out of myself...didn't think I had it in me

But for the collar issue, I think that if Lexi can walk without pulling then she'll be fine. Peanut still lunges out at some bushes, mailboxes, and anything that looks out of place, so I'm still sticking with his harness.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Lexi looks adorable. I always get a chuckle because in her pictures she looks like she's saying "will ya hurry up already" just like Chloe :D

For those wondering about using a harness with clothes, you can always add a button-hole, or if (like me) you don't sew you can get the tool used for grommets and put a grommet in!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Mar 17 2005, 07:10 PM
Went to Target to get a coat (with Tini in purse)... they didn't have it AND I got told to leave... oh well, I was able to buy my stuff... 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44093
[/QUOTE]

That's a bummer about Target "throwing" you out. Our Target is next to PetSmart so maybe that is why they have a liberal policy toward pets. I called them to see if it was OK to bring Catcher and they said it was fine as long as he was in a carrier. So I took him and put his carrier in a shopping cart and had no problems at all.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts