Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i was pretty sick i had a very bad cough and it kept me up all night ( ive since seen the doctor and have gotten antibotics) anyway maxi got so upset he like wrapped his body close to my head and was licking my face last night every time i coughed i winded up not going to work today and he slept next to me all day i really was touched by the fact that these babies love us so much and sense when something is wrong , this morning i could hardly even move and it was weird because he threw up twice and i felt like he did because he was so upset about me not feeling well ...he is fine now i called the vet and they said he was probably stressed he ate his dinner so i know he is ok but i just was so amazed at the fact that he stayed so close to me .....The cough sounded like bad fog horn so i know he got nervous
i just wanted to share this with you all

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i hope u feel better ~ Maxi is so sweet !

i dont know if Jong-ee is too young right now (7monthsold) but my other maltese at my parents place, she used to cry with me if i was crying when soomething bad happened to me..and also stay near me all the time until i stopped crying.

but jong-ee doesnt do that at all..if i cry jongee just smells my face and smells the tears and starts licking the tears and goes away...maybe shes still too young to know that mommy isnt feeling well ??

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone im feeling alittle better not great and its gonna kill me to have to stay inside today especially the weekend but i need to get this cough out of my system there must be something going around i usual get this once during the winter anyway like i said these babies are amazing and no one can replace the love there give to us.Maxi is 10 months old so i dont think the age matter much i think they would love us like this at 10 weeks or 10 years old....again thanks everyone

·
Registered
3 Posts
Malteses do sense things sometimes when i cry my nino just sits and watches me when hes usually most of the time playing around with everything. Then he comes and cuddles with me. When i have a migraine i have to turn down the lights he doesnt bother me at all he gos to sleep right besides meor starts licking me. :D

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
AWWW!!! i havent been sick in a while, but when i got really sick in san diego--sprite stayed by my side. and she only ate when i was sleeping. lol. i would get up and she would follow me. i totally miss those times where it was just me and sprite.
i hope you feel better soon

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Lexi and I spent most of the weekend in bed. I've had a bad head cold since Wednesday, plus migraines and a fever off and on. Lexi got spayed on Friday so she was pretty tired. She normally sleeps in her crate because she gets very restless when I try to get her to sleep in bed with me. Plus she is not afraid to jump off my almost 36" tall bed. She did very well. I did end up putting her crate on the bed and she slept in it for a few hours each night. I found that I slept a little better when she was in it. I knew were she was and I was still able to keep an eye on her. She was so cute though. A lot of the time she would either curl up on my pillow. Sometimes she would even let me put my head on my pillow :lol: Another of her new favorite spots seems to be to for me to lay flat on my back and for her to lay on my stomach. It is so cute when she lays there and then puts her head on my chest. It was definitly a major cuddle weekend.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maxi was a cuddle bug this weekend and plus it was very hot and humid i took him out yesterday but he led me back to the house way to hot for him
I am at work today and i will miss him so much....He is doing strange things these days now he sticks his face and his paws in his water dish and gets himself totally drenched..he did this all weekend
why do they do this
my house is cool i keep the air on ... i also told you guys the story with everytime he sees a dead worm he wants to rub the side of his head in it
thank good ness i stop it but he has been doing things out of character lately

1 - 13 of 13 Posts