Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have constuction going on behind our house. We have road resurfacing going on in front of it. We have two very on edge dogs snapping and fighting with each other. All three events started at the same time. Our trainer advised us to keep the dogs on leashes. We took Rocco to the vet today. She said the behavior was all stress and sold us a plug in called D.A.P. It is a pheromone that mimics what a lactating female produces. It is supposed to calm the dogs down.
Anyone use this? The reviews on Amazon are mostly positive, but it sounds like it may be too good to be true.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I haven't heard anything about it but...

I'm glad that there isn't anything medically wrong with your babies. Hopefully the plug in will work to calm them down and feel at ease again!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Annie, we are giving them extra walks, too. They do sleep well at night!

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
I used the DAP for my cat because she was stressed out and not using her litterbox like she should. I ordered from Amazon and plugged it into the room where the cat box is and it worked wonderfully for her. I'm going to get another one to put in the area the pups are when i'm at work.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ladies. I have the unit plugged in and now we wait. The literature states it may take a few days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts