Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,668 Posts
Were you free-feeding?
Maybe just portioning out the right amount of food and gradually getting to a little less will help without having to go on a weight control food.
I know I had Brink on the senior formula of Chicken Soup b/c they were out of regular adult. It had less calories/fat stuff. LadyMontava helped me figure out how much Brink should eat when I gave her his weight and all the numeric stuff from the bag. Maybe she can help you.

· Registered
7,668 Posts
Originally posted by kab+Oct 4 2005, 08:13 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Scrappy
@Oct 3 2005, 07:57 PM
I swear by green beans as a treat.  I learnt this from Missy's mom and it makes a fabulous treat Scrappy prefers his beans whole and frozen.
On the advice of her vet my MIL reduced her Bichon's weight by reducing the normal food portion by a 1/3rd and padding it out with grated carrot.  That is all she did and it worked.
I would just do that and increase her excercise.  Play fetch with her for longer or add an extra walk.    Goodluck.  We feel bad when we have to deprive our babies of anything 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=105824
I also swear by green beans. My sheltie lost ten pounds by cutting back her portion and giving her green beans to help fill her up. She is much more active now. She actually has an hour glass shape instead of a barrel.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=105906
[/B][/QUOTE]

Brinkley HATES green beans....
If I give him scaps to lick off a plate (NO lectures!
), he will lick all AROUND the green beans.
If they are french cut, and he accidently gets a sliver of one...you can see him try to spit them out! It is SO funny!!!!!!
The plate will be spotless when he is finished....except for the greenbeans!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.