Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any of you see the plate being offered by Danbury Mint? It is a precious and beautifully done female Maltese in a puppy cut wearing a blue bow! So, even though it is a female the blue bow makes it acceptable to pass off as a male. My husband showed it to me and told me I should get it because it looks so much like Pico. Then my car broke down and I told him I wasn't going to mail the order because I didn't want to spend the money now. While I was gone, he went into my office, took the envelope and mailed it himself! What a Sweetie

I wish I had scanned the picture before mailing it so I could show you. Maybe they have a web site.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone else had ordered this, too.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it is called Precious Portrait and shows a puppy cut Maltese standing in a striped chair with it's front paws on the arm of the chair and a Tiffany lamp in the background. It's not on the Danbury Mint website because that is just pictures from their catalog and this is a brand new plate.

I like it because it is in a puppy cut like Pico and like many of the SM Maltese.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Jan 19 2005, 01:18 PM
Those are sooooo adorable!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30348
[/QUOTE]

I love them they are soooo beautiful I had not seen any before! A little pricey for me. I am going to do my own Maltese oil painting.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
They are so cute .I have the one you are talking about,its the first of the series.I talked about this on a thread and someone posted a pic...I cant remenber who?BUt i cant wait till the next one comes!!! I had bought hubby the fishing series,so he told me to order the Maltese ones for me :D

·
Registered
831 Posts
Those painting are so beautiful...a bit pricey :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182@Jan 19 2005, 04:17 PM
They are so cute .I have the one you are talking about,its the first of the series.I talked about this on a thread and someone posted a pic...I cant remenber who?BUt i cant wait till the next one comes!!! I had bought hubby the fishing series,so he told me to order the Maltese ones for me  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30380
[/QUOTE]

I posted a pic awhile back of the one in the striped chair I think...but I can't remember the thread it was in. I put in on my "want" list for my birthday.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Jan 19 2005, 04:36 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sheila2182
@Jan 19 2005, 04:17 PM
They are so cute .I have the one you are talking about,its the first of the series.I talked about this on a thread and someone posted a pic...I cant remenber who?BUt i cant wait till the next one comes!!! I had bought hubby the fishing series,so he told me to order the Maltese ones for me  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30380

I posted a pic awhile back of the one in the striped chair I think...but I can't remember the thread it was in. I put in on my "want" list for my birthday.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30390
[/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah it was you TLUNN,thank you i think it was somewhere on an old Anything Goes thread under Danbury Mint

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeah..i think lexismom started a link about it a few months ago.

my sister bought it for my mom. my mom LOVES it. its really cute.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Dec 12 2004, 08:35 AM
Here is the plate from the online catalog....

SOOOO cute!!!!!!!!!!
I gotta have it!!!
I think it is hard to find Maltese items as puppies or in puppy cuts...that is really cute!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=22246
[/QUOTE]

I found the thread and put my post with the picture here...it is REALLY cute!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's it, Tlunn! I must have missed the earlier thread....I was out of town for several weeks and then my wireless network was malfunctioning.

Anyway, I can't wait to get it now. My husband said that will be my (March) birthday present.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, my. Those oil paintings are just gorgeous. I love the look in the eyes of the Maltese laying down.....such a typical pose!

Sherylmint, if you can do your own oils can you work from a photo? That would be the ultimate for me...to have an oil of Pico. Actually, I have a photo of my granddaughter wearing a big floppy brimmed turqoise hat and turquoise sleeveless polo holding Pico cheek to cheek and it is one of my very favorite of the both of them. What am I saying? I can barely afford the $30 plate!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts

Got the second plate in the series.This is what i have so far.Forgive Kirbies butt in it .LOL These guys are way to nosey!Hahah

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
OMG... Now I wish I had gotten started with these... they are beautiful!!!

SHEILA: Do you happen to have the item numbers for those plates!! I think I'm having trouble resisting!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts