Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new lease options for my apartment complex. I thought my rent was going to go from $500 to $615 a month. Well the paper they gave me said it is only going to go up to $580 a month. I can get out of the lease with a 60 day notice and still get my security deposit and not have to pay a cancellation fee!

There was one other option but I don't think I will go with that one. It is only $565 a month and you can still get out of the lease with a 60 day notice but you forfeit your security deposit and have to pay a cancellation fee of 5% of the lease ($380).

·
Registered
707 Posts
that's great...I wish I could find an apartment here for that price. I just bought a tiny little condo in a not so good neighborhood (it's the next up and coming place in Miami but it's not the greatest yet) and I paid a lot for it. It's only 660 sq. feet and I paid $125,000. That's actually cheap for here but to me it seems like no one can buy anything in Miami.

The people that bought in my building to rent it out are asking for $900 a month.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by mylittlebella@Dec 30 2004, 02:55 PM
that's great...I wish I could find an apartment here for that price.  I just bought a tiny little condo in a not so good neighborhood (it's the next up and coming place in Miami but it's not the greatest yet) and I paid a lot for it.  It's only 660 sq. feet and I paid $125,000.  That's actually cheap for here but to me it seems like no one can buy anything in Miami. 

The people that bought in my building to rent it out are asking for $900 a month.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=26388
[/QUOTE]

$900/month and up is the going rate here, also (southeast) for a small apartment.... Gosh I remember paying $500/month in 1984 for my apartment....

Lexi's Mom, consider yourself very lucky!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In Des Moines decent apartments start at $500 for 1 BR. The apartment that I was thinking of moving into was $665 that is getting to the higher end. There are more expensive ones but the apartments aren't any better. You are usually paying for other things. Like a small theater, car wash, fitness center, etc.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Dang Lexi's mom! You are having a good week. You better count your blessings! If I hear you complain of anything, I'm going to remind of you this week! LOL

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
That's a great deal not having to pay a cancellation fee!
I wanted to get out of my old apartment so bad because my neighbors were unholy terrors but the lease breaking fee was outrageous! Around here you can't get out of a lease without being hit with a fee. Very annoying, especially in a college town like this where people are always coming and going and you never know what kind of neighbors you are going to get. On the upside, the rents around here are CHEAP. We have a huge 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment and it's only $535 and we live in an excellent neighborhood which is great.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats totally awesom!!! and i know that you were worried aobut that.

wow, its crazy howmuch it is over there. for an apartment here, its around $1500/month for a 1 bedroom....1,000 sq feet. and if you want a dog over 20 lbs....you have to live in this one apartment thats WAY more expensive than that. for 1 malt and 1 german shep and 2 bedrooms, it was going to be $2500 deposit and around $2100/month. something like that. and the rooms were tiny. i think the square footage was 1200 or something.

i wish it was cheaper here!!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 BR around here are usually between 575 and 850 square feet. The apartment I'm in now is 662 square feet

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
WOW!!!!! What a GREAT deal!
My roommate and I split $900 month, for a 2 bedroom..that's just because they were having specials because they were brand new. Now the 2 bedroom goes for $1400 and the one bedrooms here go for $875. I don't know what I'm going to do. We have to give 3 month notice, and that's next week. YIKES!!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Jan 3 2005, 09:15 AM
WOW!!!!! What a GREAT deal!
My roommate and I split $900 month, for a 2 bedroom..that's just because they were having specials because they were brand new. Now the 2 bedroom goes for $1400 and the one bedrooms here go for $875. I don't know what I'm going to do. We have to give 3 month notice, and that's next week. YIKES!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=27056
[/QUOTE]

Specials are great at first but when it is time to renew the lease they suck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts