Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you see "Pet Nation" on Dateline ? It was awsome. Talk about pampered pets
But botox and collagen injections ?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I only saw it from when Nicolette Sherriden was on. After the 20/20 show this seemed to be a good story about loved pets...I needed that.

Susan

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Msloke@Jun 12 2005, 07:15 PM
I missed just the very beginning but it was really good.  Only part I had problem with was the segment on freeze drying your pet.  There is NO WAY I would do that to Cassie.  A friend of mine is in the process of doing that with her Bichon, will be about 6 more months til he's done.  But the whole idea of that just creeps me out!  Personally I think it's a terrible thing to do to a beloved pet.  I think it would hurt more than burying the pet, to see it and know it's gone, never to run and play again.  Too morbid for me.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=71941
[/QUOTE]

I would not do that either. It's creepy. I think too it would hurt more then burying it. Imagine coming to face every day with an empty shell.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I was just coming in here to post a thread on this!!!
Glad it was already started!!

I watched the whole thing...it was pretty good! There were some things that were a little over the top...
collagen injections, botox, face lifts, the "boy dog" implants, and the freeze drying...

Overall it was a good show...at least we know after watching it that most of us are in the majority...
I wish there were more fun opportunities around here that they showed on the show and that some of you talk of...like doggy daycare and dog parks, dog spas, etc...that all sounded like fun splurges! :D

Did you see the lady with what looked like three malts and a either a large malti-poo or shih-tzu something...she had four dogs and her apartment only allowed one. They wrote her a notice that said she must "dispose" of three of the dogs. :eek: So she moved! :D

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
my son went to pre-k with this little boy whose dad was a taxidermist (sp?) well on a dare my husband (who knows i can't resist a dare) had me ask him as serious as I could about "stuffing" our cat when she passed on. wel i tried hard to ask him and he was like umm yeah i have done a cat and a couple of dogs. then i started laughing. he was like oh i am so glad you were only joking that totally creeps me out. i would rather do deer, elk and fish. lol

ok so it isn't a laughing matter but just had to thru that story out there. there is no way i would freeze dry one. to sad to see them there lifeless. I mean you won't do that to a skin kid would ya?

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by HollyHobbie@Jun 12 2005, 11:42 PM
my son went to pre-k with this little boy whose dad was a taxidermist (sp?) well on a dare my husband (who knows i can't resist a dare) had me ask him as serious as I could about "stuffing" our cat when she passed on. wel i tried hard to ask him and he was like umm yeah i have done a cat and a couple of dogs. then i started laughing. he was like oh i am so glad you were only joking that totally creeps me out. i would rather do deer, elk and fish. lol

ok so it isn't a laughing matter but just had to thru that story out there. there is no way i would freeze dry one. to sad to see them there lifeless.  I mean you won't do that to a skin kid would ya?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=72015
[/QUOTE]

Somehow I get your humor there but I doubt the poor guy was on the same wave length

I am afraid I would have peed myself right there and then

I was going to watch that show and forgot all about it, bugga

I saw the shorts to it and thought it would be worth watching, but I am sure it will be repeated. I hope

1 - 11 of 11 Posts