Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you hear about the man in North Carolina who apparently was struck by a vehicle then pronounced dead by the responding Emergency Medical Technicians?

Must be an undertakers worse nightmare to start working on a "body" then the hands & feet start moving, and the man starts breathing!

Poor guy sure was lucky. Wonder what would have happened if they'd of left him there with plans to exhume him the next day, and he regained consciousness during the night when no one was there. THAT would be scary.... finding yourself in a morgue.

How would you explain to the police that you are the dead man from the accident earlier in the day and now here you are walking, and that you'd just come from the morgue?? Talk about making a mental arrest. 72 hours confined unvoluntarily in a mental hospital..ugh!!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
CREEPY!!!!!! That is actually my worst nightmare...being buried alive...
I know it's kind of childish, but when I was younger and used to stay home from school I would watch Days of Our Lives, and I remember SO vividly a lady getting buried alive!!!!!!

YIKES, isn't is scary how things stick with you?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
How the....? What the...?

V

·
0 Posts
The Graveyard Shift...that phrase comes from the fact that people were actually buried alive in past centuries and a person was assigned to watch the gravesites of the newly buried to see if there was any activity. A small bell was actually installed in the coffin so if the person woke up they could ring the bell

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Feb 4 2005, 09:02 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2005, 06:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Feb 3 2005, 02:55 PM
   How the....?  What the...? 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33194

My thoughts EXACTLY! :eek:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33228

[/QUOTE]

:eek: Me too!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33307
[/B][/QUOTE]

Me three. Didn't they get a pulse? Don't they check for a heart beat? I'm so confused :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by vita@Feb 3 2005, 05:46 PM
The Graveyard Shift...that phrase comes from the fact that people were actually buried alive in past centuries and a person was assigned to watch the gravesites of the newly buried to see if there was any activity. A small bell was actually installed in the coffin so if the person woke up they could ring the bell
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33231
[/QUOTE]
Yes I have heard that too. I also heard from my instructor that for some reason at one time they removed some coffins (do not remember why) and they found scratch marks on the inside lid of the coffin, from the people not really being dead. Now I think they have to leave a body in a morgue for at least 24 horus to make sure they are truely dead. I also think I remember being told thats why the morgue temps are set to what they are, that if someone is still alive, they will survive the temps.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie+Feb 4 2005, 08:06 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-vita
@Feb 3 2005, 05:46 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33231
Yes I have heard that too. I also heard from my instructor that for some reason at one time they removed some coffins (do not remember why) and they found scratch marks on the inside lid of the coffin, from the people not really being dead. Now I think they have to leave a body in a morgue for at least 24 horus to make sure they are truely dead. I also think I remember being told thats why the morgue temps are set to what they are, that if someone is still alive, they will survive the temps.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33358
[/B][/QUOTE]

wow that sounds like a couple of movies I've seen......and a nightmare in the making....eeeewwwww!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts