Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I received a lovely Christmas card from Dede, Derek, and Katie. There was also a note enclosed.

Dede was the reason why I decided to join SM. She was the one who encouraged me to do so. Before I joined the SM family ... I had been reading all of the posts about Dede's heartbreaking updates on precious Chloe. I was in awe of how so many people were there for Dede and Chloe. I never saw such overwhelming love and support. I even recall how members even tried to figure out a way to get the special medication needed for Chloe, that was not readlily available in Australia. It was amazing how everyone was truly there for Dede and Chloe. I learned after talking with Dede, about all the gifts and cards and flowers ... and, so much more. I cried along with everyone else. I was so, so touched. I felt as though everyone was feeling the pain right along with Dede and Derek.

Sometime after Chloe went to The Rainbow Bridge, I decided to email Dede, just to let her know there was another person out there who was following Chloe's story on SM ... and, therefore, I, too, was thinking about her and praying for her daily.

Dede was the one who encouraged me to join SM. And, so I did. Since then, Dede and I have been friends. Over the past few years I have called Dede on Christmas day. It's always been a joy to talk with her. I plan on doing the same thing this year.

I don't want to go into any detail ... but,, I know that for any of you who know Dede ... she would appreciate your prayers and positive thoughts. She is going through a very rough time. Darling Katie is only two years old and has some rather serious health issues. Needless to say, worrying about her precious little fluff angel is making this a very stressful time for Dede.

And with that, Dede said she hasn't even had time to go on FB or SM.

So, for Dede, and because I think she is a very special woman, as I know many of you think she is, too ... I thought it would be nice for Dede to know that SM is thinking about her and Katie ... with positive thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for reading this.

Marie

·
Registered
590 Posts
Marie, thanks for sharing..:wub:..Tell Dede I will pray that her little Katie will feel better soon and we all know that its so hard on us to see a fluff having health issues. Max sends Katie lots of hugs and kisses.:smootch::tender::hugging:.me too..of course.

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
Thank you, Marie. I think about Dede & Katie often and keep dear little Katie in my prayers. Yes, please make sure she knows that we miss her.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Marie -- I've been keeping up with Dede and what's been going on with Katie through Pat (Clarke) - Sassy's Mom. My heart is breaking that Dede is having to go through these problems with sweet little Katie after the heartbreak she suffered with Chloe.

As many of the SM family did at the time, I donated money for Chloe's Vet Bills and was so sad when she went to The Bridge. I know that it was a while before Dede could join us back on SM or would even consider a new fluff.

And now she's going through health issues once again. I know that she tried so hard to be so very, very careful this time around.

I've been praying daily for Dede, Derek and baby, Katie ever since I learned about the health related problems. When you talk to her, please let her know that I'm continuing to keep her in my thoughts and prayers. She is such a wonderful, good person.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Oh no, after all she went through with Chloe now little Katie is sick too. I will be thinking of her. This is so sad. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Marie - I'm so saddened to hear this.:smcry: I wasn't around when Dede was going through this with Chloe but do remember some posting after I joined about her having little Katie. Please tell her I'm sending prayers and thinking of them all there in Australia. How can this happen to someone a second time? Just not fair.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Marie, thank you so much for your update on Dede and baby Katie!

I know her sad story from Pat (Sassy's mom) but please send her hugs and best wishes should you speak to hear, too!

She and of course Katie are always in my prayers! May be there's something we can do so please let me know!

Alexandra :wub:

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
Please let Dede know that our love, prayers and good wishes are heading her direction. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Marie, how very sweet of you to start this thread.
I was just sickened when I learned that Dede is facing yet again a serious health issue with her precious Katie. I've been praying for them since I had found out.
Please give her my love when you speak to her and assure her the prayers are continuing.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
This seems so unfair, what is happening to Dede and Katie. I will say prayers for them. She loves that little one so much. Remember when she would put up all those pictures of Katie in that great big oval pen with all her little beds and toys and then she started getting out of her pen as well as I can remember. Katie is one precious baby........and I hate to hear that it is happening to Dede. She is a wonderful person. I got a Christmas card from her too.....God bless Dede and Katie!!!:heart::heart::heart:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
i dont know much about her but it saddens me so much to hear she is going thru this yet again. please let her know her fam n katie will be in my prayers, thanks for letting us know.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
OMG, I remember Chloe's ordeal like it was yesterday. The whole thing was a nightmare! I think about it often, especially when I see a plastic bag of candy laying around! :w00t: I guess most of us contributed to her astrnomical health bills. Such a sad sad thing.

And now that Dede finally has another little girl....this....I've seen the reports from Pat (Sassy's mom) on FB. My heart is so heavy for Dede.

She is such a fun person..I miss her very much. I am sending good thoughts and prayers to her and Katie.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh no that is aweful that Dede is now dealing with precious Katie's illness. :( Please tell her that Katie is in our prayers as well!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts