Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Deleted Thread

4K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  LJSquishy 
#1 ·
I posted a thread asking a legitimate question about something I read online about a breeder. It got one response and now I've found the thread was deleted. Is there a moderator or someone who can explain this to me? I had a concern and was seeking information about a breeder, is this not allowed?

#4 ·
I responded to your thread and believe you are not who you say you are.

Midis Maltese is great, Dian is great!!! You will get a great puppy from her with no problems.
The person, Clabec, that started that nasty post on RipOffs was just trying to hurt Midis with untrue comments and charges. I know first hand and will say stay away from Clabec! As many members here have done, feel good about buying a pup from Midis.

Marsha

#9 ·
I responded to your thread and believe you are not who you say you are.

Midis Maltese is great, Dian is great!!! You will get a great puppy from her with no problems.
The person, Clabec, that started that nasty post on RipOffs was just trying to hurt Midis with untrue comments and charges. I know first hand and will say stay away from Clabec! As many members here have done, feel good about buying a pup from Midis.

Marsha
I really was curious, I did a google search of Dian's name and maltese and that was one of the first things that came up. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it was a legitimate question. I have read all of the bad stories of sick dogs and I knew a lot of people on here had experience with her and I wanted to know if there was any truth to whatever supposedly occured with one of Dian's maltese. Again, I am really sorry if anyone thought that I was trying to perpetuate what apparently is a hateful lie. I really just want a Maltese and I want a healthy one so I'm doing as much research as possible.

#6 ·
Dian has beautiful dogs and is a very nice and knowledgeable breeder. I would not hesitate to get a pup from her.

Now on the other hand I have been offered a few pups from Clabec for free and with full breeding rights and have turned them down time and time again. In my personal opinion if I can't trust the breeder I can't trust to get a healthy pup. No legitimate breeder sells a intact dog with breeding rights if they aren't under contract to show. I have other issues with Clabec but will keep those to myself.

#20 ·
An LP does not disqualify a dog from showing unless the problem is so severe as to turn the dog lame. A lame dog would be excused from competition. In another senario, the dog is not lame, but the LP limits function of the movement, then that would make it difficult for a dog to win. Many dogs in the show ring do compete with mild LP. In fact, some dogs compete in performance with mild LP.

You should know that not all LP dogs are pulled from breeding programs. In some breeds taking out all LP dogs would severely limit the gene-pool which could cause other more heinous problems. A dog with an LP should be checked, evaluated and disclosed.

#29 ·
I Love Maltese, come and introduce yourself so we know you and can help you in your search. Did you contact Dian of Midis?

Marsha
OOOOPS..........I guess we did get a little off topic from the OP thoughts. Thanks for putting the thread back on topic :)......hopefully she will feel we are here to help her find her perfect pup:wub: and if she does contact Dian, she will find that she will be treated fairly and have a nice maltese to love!:thumbsup:

#32 ·
Wow, how did I miss this topic? lol

I can only speak for myself, but my experience with Dian @ MiDis was amazing -- I couldn't have asked for anything more from her. On the LP issue, I obviously can't speak for all of her dogs, but Preston who is from Dian has perfect, tight knees. I haven't had any health worries/scares/issues with him at all. Dian has always and still is available for me to talk to. She likes to keep in touch still, which says a lot about a breeder to me. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.