Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Thank you to all of you who posted such beautiful words upon the passing of out precious Chrissy. They were all so very much appreciated. And I hope that everything went well with Lisi's Dental Sandi and I know that we are all looking for an update as to how she is doing.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sorry I dropped the ball here. I had Covid booster (3rd shot) on Sun. & had to go to bed last night as I was not feeling well (7:00 ish). Lisi did super! She came home w/a loose stool but I chalked it up to stress. Dwight took her & picked her up & he said she cried all the way there---she knows the route to the vet. She will do anything for him---she is a daddy's girl.
The vet is amazed that we have gotten her ALT down into normal range & without the supplement she gave us. I used Animal Essential's "Liver Defense" & thanks to Snuggle's Mom I changed their food! which I am sure helped! It took a while to get them completely changed over. I am also cooking the evening meal & adding Balance-It.
Little Lisi is such a fighter! There is no earthly reason for her to even be alive. She is limited only in her energy capacity--& that is quite a bit, but otherwise she continues to exceed all expectations & even some hopes! Her vet thinks we are miracle workers but we know who the real miracle worker is!

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,048 Posts
I am glad she did so well.

Reactions: edelweiss

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
My Heart is so happy for your Sandi that your little Lisi did so well with her Dental!! Wow, she really is a little trooper but this because of all of the love, attention, and care that you and Dwight have given to both of your little ones. God is Good and certainly continues to be!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi! I am So Happy the Dental went Well!!!
Fantastic News! Bless her little heart! She is a Lovely Brave Girl!! So glad the numbers went down too ! Lisi must feel so much better! All your TLC shows and means so much ! It must make you feel so good too! Hope you feel better with the covid shot as well!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had to do several lab runs to see if Lisi can do her dental w/the vet on Monday. I have gotten her liver enzymes down to normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her ALP is only half way down to where it was & not in the normal range but the vet wants to proceed w/the dental. There are a few small abnormalities to her lab work but nothing of which to be alarmed. The alarming thing is mostly what just this particular round is costing---over 700$. I am wondering what others pay? If I add in all the previous lab work I would be over 1000.$ I know. She is worth it but I am curious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Reading all these made me feel, wow. having a Maltese is not an easy thing. My puppy is one year old. I gave him 'Blue buffalo' brand kibble and wet food for 9 or 10 months and switched to 'Merick' is it a good brand? I brush his teeth almost every day. Are there any suggestions to keep him healthy and happy. So far he is doing good.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
My suggestions regarding care is to read different topics as much as possible from the SM site---you are doing a great job w/brushings! It really depends on each individual pup which diet to feed---just like w/people. One size does not fit all! I have had maltese for 50+ years and they have all been individuals so I have had lots of opportunity to learn. There is so much more info out there now so I keep learning!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I’m just seeing this now because I’ve been very busy, the times I’ve logged in on SM has been few and far between lately…I am so very sorry to hear about your precious Chrissy. Sugarplum and I send our condolences and hugs. 💕

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Thank you Kathleen for your expression of condolences. And yes, it sure is hard since Chrissy was my "Heart Dog". My consolation is that she did not sutter long and is not over the Rainbow Bridge.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts