Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:chili: OH Happy Day.. My Miss Paula in Pink got her first major at the Des Moines Iowa show this last weekend. It takes 5 females for a 3 point major in my ? 5 state area. There was a puppy, my Paula and another in 12- 18 month class and 2 in Open class. A beautiful Special owned my Sandy B. Porter was there and won Best of Breed both days. A gentleman who is getting a puppy from me in March was there and took pictures and did video (am waiting for him to send it). The pictures he took while in the ring didn't turn out. I was more nervous after we won than before we went into the ring.. I was in shock that I had actually got a major. Paula had had a loose stool problem the 2 days before this show and it was :w00t: WILD to keep her coat clean. I had not brought anything for loose stool, my friend suggested pepto bismal... so I was attempting to get pink sticky stuff down her without a syringe!! And she had to do her business in the ring right when the judge was deciding who would win in her class. It takes 15 points to become a champion and in that 15 points there has to be 2 majors under different judges. Too many shows there has not been majors like it was maybe 2 years ago. I didn't win the second day, but WELL worth the trip to get a major. I will post video if I get it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,980 Posts
Big congratulations Jeanne & Paula in Pink! :chili::chili:
Looking fwd. to following up on where you go next! Hope we get to see the video! Give her a special treat from us---if she is better now w/the stool!
:wub:

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Woohoo!!! What a great weekend for you!!!!! Congratulations!!!! :chili::chili:

You must still be on cloud 9!!!! ....I would :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
OMG!!!

SOOO happy for you!

And believe me, I can well understand the diarrhea with a show coat and trying to get medicine down them without them getting all over the coat!

So happy you got the major. She is a beautiful and you must be so proud!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Congrats, Jeanne and Paula!
:dothewave:

You did a wonderful job! :woohoo2:

Alexandra :wub:

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
:chili:
:chili:
WTG JEANNE!!!

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
:dothewave: Congratulations Jeanne and Paula in Pink :chili::chili: Way to go!!

I know you didn't want her to live up to her name with the Pepto Bismol on her coat -- no one wants to wear Pepto Bismol Pink. :w00t: My hat's off to you with the diarrhea problem and her coat. After Tyler's neuter he had it and trying to keep his little brown butt white was next to impossible. Is she okay now? Any idea why her stomach was upset? Just imagine how she'll do when she feels really well. :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:dothewave: Congratulations Jeanne and Paula in Pink :chili::chili: Way to go!!

I know you didn't want her to live up to her name with the Pepto Bismol on her coat -- no one wants to wear Pepto Bismol Pink. :w00t: My hat's off to you with the diarrhea problem and her coat. After Tyler's neuter he had it and trying to keep his little brown butt white was next to impossible. Is she okay now? Any idea why her stomach was upset? Just imagine how she'll do when she feels really well. :aktion033:
:w00t: Susan.. WOW it didn't even come to my thoughts about PINK pepto bismal and Paula in Pink... That sticky stuff was craziness to try to get down her without a syringe. I think it might have been eating some chicken I baked for bait that I gave her right before we left for the show combined with possible show nerves. I am out of practice in showing and didn't take anything with me for these kind of issues. At least I put a paper towel in my pocket and I needed it in the ring. My friend who was coming to the show to watch brought something better than pepto bismal and it did the job she is fine now. I am entered in another show and hope all goes well.. It is so much fun to be back in the showing ring again. All my show clothes are outdated and I need a new wardrobe (hopefully after I lose some weight would be best!) Thank you all for the congratulations...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts