Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not believe he let another hostage get decapitated. And he talks about it so nonchalantly. Like he could care less about who dies in this war that he declared that we won...oh really...why is the war continuing?

Ugh!!!!! I get so frustrated...
If he had a daughter or son in the war, this thing would have been over before we knew it. He doesn't care about anyone outside of his immediate family. He is a puppet and moron.

I just had to say something because I just can not stand this MORON!!!

I know some of you may be Republican...please don't hate me...I just think he is an ignorant jackass. Ok, I feel a bit better!

~Elegant

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Ok, NOW i hate you

:D its totally fine!!! you have a right to your own opinion!!

and i totally agree with you...its gone on too long---in my opinion, the U.S. should've just bombed IRAQ. it bothers me how other countries dont support the united states...eventhough they know that if they had a problem, the united states would support them.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Yaaaay! Doctor Cathy!!!!

We are so fat, dumb and happy here in the U.S. I sometimes think that we really cannot comprehend life under a tyrant like Saddam-Bin Laden-etc. Bush is just doing what no other leaders have the guts to do....the right thing. It allows France to be the politically correct make-nice country because they know the U.S. will take care of business for everyone. Passivity is easy....do you think for one minute that Bush is not assailed by threats and hate mail directed to him and his family? He may not have family IN Iraq but he definitely has put his family in the line of fire of the fringe lunatics just looking for an excuse and using politics for the impetus.

If you have access to other than the mainstream media, you will hear from the Iraqi's who are grateful that Bush is a MORON!
You will read about the courage and kind acts of our military, NOT just about Abu Graihb (sp?) You will read about the progress in restoring Iraq to a humane, functioning country. But you must seek these things out because the Dan Rathers would Rather you not know about them.

Whew! Opinions are exhausting. Thank you for listening.

·
Registered
994 Posts
ITs very hard and there should be no civilian Americans going into Iraq to work it is a do or die once this happens. I feel very sorry for these families i dont care how much money they can make they are putting themselves at risk , we can not negosiate end of story as sad as it is these Americans need to stay here. I certainly would Prefer Bush over Kerry the thought of Kerry running this Country scares the heck out of me....I was in the city on 9/11 and i support our troops being in Iraq i do not want to see any military men or women killed ever it makes me sick and sad but they sign up for this and they know the dangers they represent all of us and no matter what we need to always show 100% support
thats my opinion

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I'm voting for Bush too.

imagine what would've happened if Gore was in presidency?

did anyone see farenheit 911? i didnt...i actually hate michael moore now.

i saw the trailer clips though, about how bush found out about the attack and he continued reading to the children for like 10 more minutes....what did michael moore want bush to do?? freak out and say that we were all going to die?!

eventhough you think bush doesnt care....you have to know that he does--he's human. anyone human would care whats happening. BUT he's supposed to be our leader--and a leader has to act calm at all times.

i had this hippie teacher this summer...ugh, i hated it. all he did was talk about how bush was a bad president---my view is that he won the election, i voted for him, and i'm going to support him. and i wanted to tell my teacher to go back to his country. he was the same guy that said that america isnt the land of opportunity and that the U.S. was a horrible country. ?!?! he moved here from mexico when he was four years old and now he's a college professor, what the heck?!?!?

i hated him

·
Registered
994 Posts
I agree Cathy i mean Bush is doing the best job he can in a horrible time like this everyone wants to blame blame blame its ridiculous! Kerry and his wife are accidents waiting to happen. We already know what we have and we sure dont know what we would get. Terrorism needs to be dealt with or none of these other issues will matter . The liberals are killing us in this country not the republicans
I like a president thats strong on military and will protect our country not weakness
when clinton was in office the public concentrated to much on his personal indescretions and left us wide open for 9/11 to happen i blame it more on that administration. I wouldnt go see that movie if you paid me and certainly i pay no mind to all these big mouth celebrities that think they know what they are talking about ...anyway im very strong about my views because i feel that we have to vote with our heads and not our hearts..Kerry is not what this country needs BUsh needs to be re elected so that he can clean up ...Americans need to stay out of the middleeast especially Iraq and if they go there, it is at there own risk. There isnt enough money in this world that would ever get me to go over there when we are being hunted like cattle ....These corporations need to pull out and let Iraqi people rebuild there own country and let the military do there job with our support

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i just get soo angry when i remember the news coverage of what happened in iraq after 9/11. there were women giving out candy to children--they were celebrating while over 3,000 people died.

i dont think anyone remembers how they felt when they saw the towers fall and when all those firemen were trying to recover bodies or when you would see the families with flyers asking people if they have seen their loved ones.

i remember when i was at SDSU and there were people protesting. i TOTALLY dont get that. people were going up to them saying that they should protest where someone cares. lol.

OH, maxismom, do you watch george stephanopolis? i cant spell. anyway, he did an interview with john kerry---literally, every 3 minutes he would mention how he was in the vietnam war. my sister basically fast forward through that interview, and when george was back with the panel of people he was talking to, someone said, "did you know that kerry was in the war, you cant forget that", and the WHOLE panel started laughing.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Cathy
I was in the office in midtown in the trading room when we saw the second plane hit and than my brother and i had to try and get out of nyc we were the first train out not knowing what the next thing would be my sister was with her husband and they were the last car out of the city it was horrible...We than had the week off and when i saw on TV all the Iraqi'a and paletstinian people dancing and happy of all our pain i supported Bush more than ever before!.... People that take my train in the morning i have noticed that were not fans of Bush are now swaying towards voting for him since they put such a weak candidate running against him.. Kerry doesnt have a shot in H*ll to win and thank god we need to finish what we went to Iraq to do and we need this election out of the way to complete our agenda
I am pro War only if we are threatened and 9/11 was an act of great magnitude and unless we clean up these sicko countries and weed out terrorism as best as we can none of us stand a chance so for all the liberals that cry out all this nonsense against the war , Bush Etc,.. I say get a real job

·
Registered
994 Posts
Nichole
I agree with you, i dont want to see not one of our great men or women who serve our country die ever!! but they sign up for this and there will be times in our lifetime like now that we do enter war, by the way a war that we never asked for..For these other people the civilians that continue to go over there that is a family decision and one that 90% percent is driven by money . Yes i understand there are alot of families in need of money but to go over to a war infested country that hates americans is plain stupidity...I don't want to see anyone get hurt but the decisions being made are really ridiculous

·
Registered
447 Posts
My Brother is in Iraq right now

I don't know WHY the war is really going on.

If that creep Bin Laden is the one who did 9/11 why are we killing Iraqis?

Also the news doesn't disclose just how many people are dying Elegant. My brother said 11 people have already died in his camp

They were never talked about either...

I hate Bush too, and Im ashamed he is from Texas like me.

I do not believe in "going over and bombing" anyone, especially when 99% of the time it is INNOCENT WOMEN AND CHILDREN who are the victims, not the guys we are after. Two wrongs do not make a right. We are a wealthy, intelligent (with the exception of our president) country. We should be able to fix things without war and violence but I guess we haven't figured that out yet... although we have figured out how to diagnose 50% of our kids with ADD and figured out how to loose 30 pounds in 30 days....

Oh and PS I do agree with Nichole about the part where the soldiers know that they signed up for battle, HOWEVER it sux pretty bad when you are fighting and killing people and you don't even know the REAL reason why...

My brother wrote in his most recent letter that he LOVES to fight for his country, but that right now it doesn't feel like that is what he is doing. He feels he is fighting for the devil and the devil is keeping secrets.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
my brother and his fiance are in Iraq right now too. his fiance is actually in a large city and my brother said that its really dangerous there.

but nichole, you're right--he signed up for this. and when he was offered if he wanted to be in Iraq for 6 months or a year--he said a year. it was his choice.

and the iraqis aren't even considerate of what the united states is trying to do. my brother said that they'll steal their clothes and spit in their food. when they aren't even being treated badly where they are. they'll get the americans socks and underwear and write "go back to your home" "we hate americans" in their language.

i know that if i were living in filth and scared for my life, and then these men from another country came---a country that represents freedom--i'd help them out, i'd respect them.

brits mom---i honestly dont believe that 99% of the people are innocent women and children.

and soo many americans wouldn't be dying in iraq if the majority were innocent people. you know?

·
Registered
994 Posts
To all that posted here that have family fighting for us we all appreicate the fact that they are putting there lives on the line for us and fighting for freedom for all.
I do disagree with some statements that we dont know why we are there..Of course we know why we are there. Saddamn has been financing terrorism for a very long time he also has been mistreating his people in the worst possible way ...
We should have took him out years ago but we didnt so after 9/11 we needed to clean house over there and rid the world of all that want to ruin our existance
Bush has the b"lls to do it ..Listen no one wants wars we all want peace but we are being threatened and we need to stand up for America and 9/11 should never be forgotten EVER... I think Bush is doing a great job its unfortunate that this is the way we have to weed these horrid animals out of hiding but we have no choice
we didnt ask for this rememebr that now we have to make sure our children can grow up the way we have

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Maxismom@Sep 22 2004, 02:20 PM
To all that posted here that have family fighting for us we all appreicate the fact that they are putting there lives on the line for us and fighting for freedom for all.
I do disagree with some statements that we dont know why we are there..Of course we know why we are there. Saddamn has been financing terrorism for a very long time he also has been mistreating his people in the worst possible way ...
We should have took him out years ago but we didnt so after 9/11 we needed to clean house over there and rid the world of all that want to ruin our existance
Bush has the b"lls to do it ..Listen no one wants wars we all want peace but we are being threatened and we need to stand up for America and 9/11 should never be forgotten EVER...  I think Bush is doing a great job its unfortunate that this is the way we have to weed these horrid animals out of hiding but we have no choice
we didnt ask for this rememebr that now we have to make sure our children can grow up the way we have
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=9788
[/QUOTE]

Well put---
I must say I was not and have never been a huge Bush fan BUT in all honesty I do think he is the better canidate for this election. Even though I feel like it's voting for dumb and dumber I think the key to this election should be consistency. Kerry is a lot of talk, he says he would do everything different, even though he voted in favor of war -- he never says how he would help (besides that he voted AGAINST sending over more weapons for our soldiers)...

I kind of wish I wouldn't have read this topic..I am really into this election...
OH! and for Micheal Moore...I know this is kind of blunt (even for me -_- ) I think he is a fat slob...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole+Sep 22 2004, 01:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Brit'sMom
@Sep 22 2004, 12:40 PM
My Brother is in Iraq right now
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=9764

Originally posted by doctorcathy@Sep 22 2004, 01:48 PM
my brother and his fiance are in Iraq right now too. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=9776
[/QUOTE]

Tell your brothers and your brother's fiance thank you from me for being so brave and fighting for our country so we all can live in the lifestyle we are accustom to.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=9783
[/B][/QUOTE]

Ditto from me!! Sending my love and support their way!!!!

I really hate political debates...because I can always find good/bad in both sides, so it is hard for me to take a side.
I do applaud Bush for having the guts to take a stand and do what he has done...was it right?! I don't know that I know enough of the whole story to make that decision...but it sure took alot of intestinal fortitude to go into as he did. Guess that is why he ran for the office...and not me....ha ha.
Anyway, it gives me great joy to know that he is a Christian...and does not try to hide that fact. If I knew everything he stood for/voted for/supported, I probably would not agree with all of it, but is there going to be ANYONE that you/me are going to agree with on 100% of the issues? As a Christian, if he can lay his head down on his pillow at night and feel right in his heart for his decisions...then who am I to question him? He will have to answer to a much higher power if his decisions were not for the right reasons!

I know as a teacher, the NEA is supporting Kerry...for education reasons obviously. Again, I don't know enough about what he supports/stands for say whether I "like" him or not.

I do know this...and this is just MY opinion...it hurts to see people such as my grandparents, who have worked their asses off all their lives...came from NOTHING....sacked away money left and right...have paid off cars...paid off NICE house...etc...supposed to be living off the "interest" in their savings etc. and they are living like people on welfare right now because of the economy. Same with the healthcare issues. It breaks my heart! They have talked about having to SELL the house that they have worked so hard for/on...because they are not going to be able to afford the utilities/upkeep on it....sickens me!
They hate Bush b/c of their situation and will tell anyone that will/wont listen about it. I don't know that I blame them...BUT...has Kerry made a stand that he is going to do anything that different to change things? And even if he has...will he keep those promises?

And all the "service time" issues!!! Who really cares!? That is ALL in the past in my opinion. I don't give a rip!!! I want to know what they are going to do for the FUTURE of our country...not what they did/didn't do in the past!
I understand that your past reputation has alot to say about your character...BUT...not everything...people change...change their views...outlooks...priorities...ya know?

Anyway, off my soapbox now...politics really suck!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Brit's Mom & Doctor Cathy:

I am profoundly moved by the sacrifice and risks your family is taking on behalf of America's freedom...it hurts me to tears when I read of the deaths of any of our citizens in this war because, more than anyone else in this country, they understand the meaning of putting your life on the line to preserve our own way of life.

Coming from a military family (father in WWII & Korean War, brothers in Navy during Vietnam) I have seen the suffering of families who have lost their father, brother, son, husband, cousin, etc.

No matter your opinion on this or any war, our military is there to defend our country, a free democracy, and when they are told to go fight that's what they must do. We must support them in any way we can--letters, care packages, calls, whatever we can do.

I think our SM forum should "adopt" a military or civilian worker in Iraq and write our thanks to them and send care packages. We can call it our "Spoiled Military" campaign.
Anyone want to volunteer someone for this?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Natalie- I am very into this also and i wish this wasnt on here as i love just talking about our babies! The bottom line Tlunn is that all these other matters won't matter if one of these sickos decides to destroy America! I mean i take trains and subways every day believe me they cant protect us as much as they want too
we are vulnerable so to me this election is all about consistancy and power Bush has it Kerry doesnt besides kerrys wife is a loose cannon

1 - 20 of 54 Posts