Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 441 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think many of you know my DH has had a couple of strokes and his balance isn't the best. Unfortunately, he went to open the soft sided crate to let Ben out this morning and lost his balance and fell on him. I was already at work when he called to tell me what happened. DH is fine but couldn't get up from the floor without help. When I arrived home Ben couldn't stand and I rushed him to the vet. He was in shock when we arrived so two doctors (angles) began working on him. He has a partially collapsed lung and what might be a displaced disk at the lumbar 1 area. He has air in his abdomen, but they think this is from panting so much and at this point not thinking any internal injuries to the gut. He is now standing and walking a little and his rectal tone is intact (he was also incontinent of urine and stool when I arrived home) so they are optimistic about spinal cord injury. I am still shaking from the whole thing. Please keep him in your prayers. Will update later when I can.

·
Premium Member
17,199 Posts
Oh Tracey, I am so, so sad to hear about beautiful little Ben! Your poor DH too! I am sure he feels terrible about this. I am sending up urgent prayers for help, healing, good diagnosis, etc! Please, please let us know how you are all doing. God be merciful!

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Tracey, I am so sorry!:crying:Bless your heart..you and Den have been through so much, and now this...poor little Ben..I am praying for all of you...please let us know when you can how he is doing...:(

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
I can't imagine the pain and anguish you and your husband are going through right now. Prayers for peace and comfort for you both and prayers for wee Ben that he recover quickly and completely and that he can be kept comfortable while recovering.

·
Premium Member
13,413 Posts
oh my goodness, how awful. I'm so sorry. I'm praying Ben is OK soon and your husband is feeling better. What a terrible experience for everyone.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
OMG, I am so sorry. We are praying and have all paws crossed. I am not too far from you so if you need anything just shout.

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
Tracey, I am just reading this now! I am very very sorry that you are going through all of this........................ I am praying for you, your husband and dearest Ben!!! Your SM family are here and routing for Bens recovery!!! I wish I could say or do more for you..........................

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
:prayer::prayer::prayer:Tracey, I am so sorry to hear this. I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers and sending positive vibes your way. Hoping Ben has no lasting effects from this unfortunate accident.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

1 - 20 of 441 Posts