Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They rushed Jerry to the ER at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale about 7:30 p.m. last night.

From the original info, I thought that his heart had stopped, but it actually went into afibralation to such an extent that his pacemaker shut down because it couldn't keep up with how fast the heart was beating. He was having terrific pains in his neck (which seems to happen whenever his heart goes into afib) and was hyperventalating and couldn't get his breath.

Anyway, I knew that he was being rushed to ER, but didn't find out that he was stable or what was going on until about 3:30 a.m. Apparently they had to give him 3 shots of morphine for the neck pain to get it calmed down and get him to start breathing regularly.

I talked to him about 11:00 a.m. today and apparently they are talking about doing some type of procedure via a cardio cath. He couldn't remember the name and I've been waiting all day to talk to the doctors and find out the particulars. Still haven't heard from them.

No - I didn't get much rest last night or today either. Theresa finally gave me a Xanax and told me to calm down -- I couldn't do anything to help at this point.

I'll be glad when November is over. First I was rear-ended by the Yellow Cab, then had the surgery and now DH.:angry:

But -- at least DH is still alive which no one expected 2 years ago. I'm on the mend and the car will be fixed next week. :) So it could be much worse.

Prayers for Jerry would be appreciated.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
((((Oh Lynn))))

You are always in my prayers - certainly, Jerry will be there also.

(((Oh, I feel so badly for you - you have been through so much)))

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Lynn, is the procedure called laser ablation of the SA node? It might be. They go with the laser (like in a cardio cath) and knock out some of that electrical pathway. I am hoping he does well, and the same for you. He is in good hands at the Mayo, they are top notch.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh, Lynn, I'm so sorry. I'm sending prayers to Jerry and you and hoping this condition can be corrected. I remember when my mom went into A-fib and they could use drugs or shock. Tried both as I recall. Things were pretty critical and they implanted a pacemaker, which Jerry apparently has. I'm sure there are new procedures 11 years late. It's been a really rough time for you but I know that you and Jerry are the "defying the odds" couple so hoping you'll keep doing that. :thumbsup::prayer:

·
Premium Member
16,777 Posts
Prayers to you and Jerry, Lynn. Please keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Oh, Lynn, I wish that I could give you a big hug in person. You continue to go through so much, and at the same time are so brave.

I'm glad to hear Theresa was there with you.

I will be praying for both you and Jerry. In fact, I stopped typing right now to pray for both of you. And, I will continue prayers. Mayo is the best ... so, Jerry is in the best of hands.

November of this year will be over after tomorrow. With that, I pray December brings you nothing but great news and happiness.

Hugs and Love.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
So glad he is doing better.......take care of yourself too. I will say prayers for the both of you. Try to get some rest tonight!!!:wub:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lynn, is the procedure called laser ablation of the SA node? It might be. They go with the laser (like in a cardio cath) and knock out some of that electrical pathway. I am hoping he does well, and the same for you. He is in good hands at the Mayo, they are top notch.
Pam -- yes, apparently that is exactly what they're going to do in the morning. I hope it helps him. I understand that the procedure is pretty routine. Yes -- Mayo is the best and I'm so glad that it's available to him.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Pam -- yes, apparently that is exactly what they're going to do in the morning. I hope it helps him. I understand that the procedure is pretty routine. Yes -- Mayo is the best and I'm so glad that it's available to him.
I have seen it work extremely well for A-Fib patients. Electrophysiology is the new cutting edge arm of cardiology! You are lucky he is at the Mayo! Stay strong Lynn! Thinking of you both!!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I am so sorry Lynn :( . I wish there was something I could do to ease all of this stress in your life. Know that I am praying for you and supporting you as all of the SM ladies and gentlemen are!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got off the phone and Jerry sounds soooooooooooooooo much better. :) They will do the procedure in the morning and let him go home tomorrow evening if all goes well.

I'm a little upset with his daughter. She has not been back to the hospital at all today. She doesn't work and has a 19 1/2 year old son (in college) and a 15 1/2 year old daughter. Her DH has a machine shop that makes precision airplane parts and the shop is located behind their house.

Jerry says that he hardly ever sees them anymore and they only live a mile away from him. :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts