Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So if DH is the one running the NYC Marathon tomorrow why I am exhausted? Maybe because I've been cleaning the house, baking three lasagnas (ground beer, sausage, non-dairy), baking and decorating a cake, loading and unloading the dishwasher time and time again, getting flowers, setting up things.:smpullhair::smpullhair:And get this...was expecting about 15-18 people. Then between yesterday and today one good friend calls, she wants to bring her friend; another friend's son wants to come and bring his friend, and a friend's daughter wants to come and bring her boyfriend. Suddenly I'm looking at 22-24 people :w00t: in a NYC apt.:w00t::w00t: What's with people? Jim's running and it's his b'day and he doesn't even know these people well or even at all.:smilie_tischkante: Sorry for the rant but this is so crazy, since I'll be running all over the city to cheer DH on and won't be home to do anything tomorrow until after the race. I think it would have been easier doing 26.2 miles. Icing the cake tonight was literally the icing on the rant cake...I was so tempted just to buy a cake tomorrow along the route.:HistericalSmiley:
Anywho, if you can keep my DH in your thoughts and prayers...I always worry just because it's so grueling. He's totally psyched and feels like he's trained the best ever. This is his 5th NYC marathon and he'll be 55 tomorrow. What a birthday present to yourself. C-r-a-z-y:smstarz:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Go, Jim, Go!! Sit, Sue, Sit!!

I will be thinking of both of you tomorrow and sending good energy your way. Will we get to see a picture of Tyler in his running attire, too?

Hugs to all of you!

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Go Sexy Legs Birthday Boy, Go!!!

I've been praying like crazy for your husband, Sue. Don't think we'll be spectators at the race, though. We'll be watching and rooting from home. I wish I could be a help to you.
xoxoxoxoxoxoox

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,701 Posts
ground beer,:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: sausage, non-dairy)----now that is a recipe for disaster!:w00t
Wishing great success & a Happy Birthday to the runner!:aktion033:
I hope you get lots of "clean-up" help & a day off afterward!:smhelp:
Good that Tyler can be entertainment at the party.:partytime:

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go, Jim, Go!! Sit, Sue, Sit!!

I will be thinking of both of you tomorrow and sending good energy your way. Will we get to see a picture of Tyler in his running attire, too?

Hugs to all of you!
Thanks so much Mary. Last night Tyler decided to bark at about 2am because DS was having an asthma attack.:new_shocked: which is rare for him. After finding his inhaler, we all sort of went back to sleep.:blink:
DH got up at pre-dawn o'clock and I just spoke to him and he's a happy camper - quite like camping on the ground for hours waiting for the race start, about 3 hours after they get to Staten Island. Luckily his charity Fred's Team has a tent so he's thrilled. It's 37 degrees.:w00t:
Alas Tyler has no running suit so he'll have to entertain nude. :eek2_gelb2:I don't think anyone will mind.:)
Best of Luck Jim!

Great cause, you're a wonderful man!

Best wishes . . .
Thanks so much Allie. He can use all the cheers he can get. He went into the race with an injury last year and was tempted to take the subway home from Brooklyn :w00t: but stuck out the next 13 miles or so. Don't know how he kept going. But this year, he's feeling great. I'll send your wishes.
Go Sexy Legs Birthday Boy, Go!!!

I've been praying like crazy for your husband, Sue. Don't think we'll be spectators at the race, though. We'll be watching and rooting from home. I wish I could be a help to you.
xoxoxoxoxoxoox
I think you and Steve get a viewer pass this year, Kerry. You can watch on WNBC-TV. Jim's the one in running pants, an orange shirt, brown hair, glasses. Easy to pick out of 40,000 runners :HistericalSmiley: (or whatever the number is this year).
wohoo Jim!!! GO!!!

Wishing you all the best :D
Thanks so much Kat. Nothing like getting an international cheer. :chili::chili:
ground beer,:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: sausage, non-dairy)----now that is a recipe for disaster!:w00t
Wishing great success & a Happy Birthday to the runner!:aktion033:
I hope you get lots of "clean-up" help & a day off afterward!:smhelp:
Good that Tyler can be entertainment at the party.:partytime:
Okay, Sandi, you got me.:innocent: That's about where my head was by the time I posted last night.I usually proofread in preview but was toooo tired. I could have used some kind of alcoholic aid. I was beyond tired. Luckily for my guests I used ground BEEF, with beer on the side. :HistericalSmiley: I'm hoping Tyler takes over the entertainment portion of the evening since I'll be pooped. I hope no one steps on him. :huh:I feel like putting up a "Beware of (Stepping On) Dog" sign on our door. Thanks so much:)

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Good luck to your DH and I hope you get to relax soon and have a glass (or two) of wine for all your efforts, Susan. My dentist use to run that marathon in his 50's too and he's still kickin and in his late 60's now. Go, JIM! I'll be watching for him :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
10,242 Posts
Hope things are going well this morning and that everyone has a safe and happy day!

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
So if DH is the one running the NYC Marathon tomorrow why I am exhausted? Maybe because I've been cleaning the house, baking three lasagnas (ground beer, sausage, non-dairy), baking and decorating a cake, loading and unloading the dishwasher time and time again, getting flowers, setting up things.:smpullhair::smpullhair:And get this...was expecting about 15-18 people. Then between yesterday and today one good friend calls, she wants to bring her friend; another friend's son wants to come and bring his friend, and a friend's daughter wants to come and bring her boyfriend. Suddenly I'm looking at 22-24 people :w00t: in a NYC apt.:w00t::w00t: What's with people? Jim's running and it's his b'day and he doesn't even know these people well or even at all.:smilie_tischkante: Sorry for the rant but this is so crazy, since I'll be running all over the city to cheer DH on and won't be home to do anything tomorrow until after the race. I think it would have been easier doing 26.2 miles. Icing the cake tonight was literally the icing on the rant cake...I was so tempted just to buy a cake tomorrow along the route.:HistericalSmiley:
Anywho, if you can keep my DH in your thoughts and prayers...I always worry just because it's so grueling. He's totally psyched and feels like he's trained the best ever. This is his 5th NYC marathon and he'll be 55 tomorrow. What a birthday present to yourself. C-r-a-z-y:smstarz:
Now, that sounds interesting! :)~

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I think it is fantastic that he is running. I trained 3 times to run a marathon and everytime I broke my ancle running. I gave up on running a martathon:HistericalSmiley:I did get to run a half marathon though.
Gooooooooo Jim!!!!! Best of luck to you!!! Have a wonderful BIRTHDAY!!!

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good luck to your DH and I hope you get to relax soon and have a glass (or two) of wine for all your efforts, Susan. My dentist use to run that marathon in his 50's too and he's still kickin and in his late 60's now. Go, JIM! I'll be watching for him :LOL:
Thanks Brit. I think it's just great that hitting his 55th birthday he can even think of doing it. It's the most beautiful sunny day here.:chili::chili:
Hope things are going well this morning and that everyone has a safe and happy day!
Thanks so much. I'm heading out for the East Side now. The worst part is getting a vantage point amidst the crowds. :w00t:
Now, that sounds interesting! :)~
Your siggie of Barron looks like he's saying "Huh?" about the Beer typo. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Go Team Go!!!!! Sue, I remember last year you had to work just as hard and again, you weren't the one running!!! Something tells me that for the last 5 years this marathon for your husband has ALWAYS been a marathon for you too! :flowers:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Wow! Go Jim go!!! I am only a newbie runner and just ran my farthest the other day...5 miles! :D I am hoping to do either a 5 or 10K next month. Does he have any training tips for me?

Anyhoo, I hope you and Hunter survive the race and birthday party! Sounds like a lot of stress! But I am sure your darling husband appreciates all of it. :wub:

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,701 Posts
I looked on CNN for your DH in the marathon---yikes---I hope there was "crowd" control.
---and regard to the "ground beer"---that could also be interpreted as "root-beer" or?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Susan we
We're watching at home....although they go right past our NY apartment on 63rd and 1st. Congrats Jim...I'm sure you did well. Perfect day for it...

Let us know how he did.
Hapy Birthday Jim..wow what a way to celebrate!!!!
Good luck with you post marathon party!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I'm wishing Jim all the best. This is a HUGE undertaking (for both of you!) and you both will need a hearty rest when the running and celebrating are over.

Perhaps you could strap a flashing light or reflective tape on Tyler to keep him safe from 24 sets of feet.

Take care.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
WooHoo!!! How'd he do? Started training for my first marathon two years after my first cancer diagnosis. Ran the Rock N Roll Marathon in Phoenix, 1/05!! Nothing like the feeling of crossing the finishline after running 26.2 miles!! Since then I've walked a marathon and run or walked several halves! Am looking forward to training again after my next scans (praying they are good). Next planned half...26.2 with Donna National Breast Cancer Marathon (and Half) in Jacksonville Beach, FL, 2/11!!

Running or walking full or half marathons is addictive!! Would recommend Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team In Training! Raise $$ for blood cancer research as well training for an endurance event! Awesome organization!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Bless your heart Sue......I wish you luck with the party!!!

Happy Birthday Jim......your a winner already in my book!!!:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts