Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a word of caution. When you respond to an ongoing email that has been going back and forth, just be sure you are on the right email when you respond. I just responded to an email about my grandson on a list about dogs as I was on the wrong email--the list email instead of my friend's to reply to. It was done in a way that makes it look like I was being critical of someone's dog. I don't even know this person or dog. We were joking about little boys copying men who go to the bathroom in nature. I called mine a little Diamond in the rough about some of this, and made a comment that made it sound like I was comparing him to the dog.
When I saw that I had not posted back to my friend, I emailed the list I sent it to with an apology. Boy, do I feel stupid.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
im really sorry....but thats nothing!!! lol...i've done FAR worse:

my examples:

i was friend with this girl named Laura. and we were in a bowling class and she was acting like a retard and i was like "hey, have you ever seen Gilbert Grape" and she got this expression on her face like she was pissed and walked away from me. i was like "what?" and casey was like "she thought you were calling her the mom".....laura is almost 300 lbs. :eek: and i had nooo way to save it because i didnt know leonardo dicaprios name in the movie.

another one:

my brother had been dating his wife for 10 yrs before they got married. they lived together for like 8 years. anyway, so they come over one day and romika (my SIL) was like "im gonna wear a white dress for my wedding...for tradition" and i was like "oh, NOW you're going to be traditional"

there's been other ones where i was straight out rude, and embarrassing.

---i had a coworker that had a HUGE gap between her front teeth. and i was like "im gonna get braces" and she was like "you dont need them. when i was younger i wanted them...but now im used to my teeth" and i was like "its not like your david letterman or something...your teeth arent your trademark".

i've said worse..... i cant think of them now. i try to block them out. LOL

anyway...its great that you emailed right back...and im sure its not that bad.
but i feel your pain. lol.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess we all make mistakes, but I sure hated to come across like I insulted someone's show dog. I sent an apology to the list, but I didn't tell them the real subject. I did send a personal email to the person who owned the dogs, and I did tell her. I also congratulated her. I probably need my glasses changed, making that big of a mistake. The person I was emailing isn't even a member of that list, so they had no knowledge of that person's dog or what I was talking about.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
At least you honestly made a mistake and weren't just being an ass like me...listen to what I did to friend of mine several years back....

We were playing "Dirty Santa" at our school/work Christmas party. It was just her/me/and one other person at our table. We had been working there together two years, so this was our second Christmas party together that we played this game. Well, I chose my gift and got this butt-ugly plastic bowl, with the intentional cracks in the bottom of it. (does that make sense?
) It sat on a metal stand making it look like it was held up by angels. But the angels weren't even pretty angels. I thought the whole thing was hideous.
Because we were friends, and I knew the other person at the other end of the table was not listening-I RAN MY MOUTH about that gift the whole time. I KEPT going on and on about how ugly it was and how it would NEVER get stolen...etc.
It wasn't until we were about to go and I started to pack up my ugly bowl, that I asked her which present she brought to the party.
YEP! My ugly bowl is what she brought to the party!
She sat there and let me make a butt of myself the whole night! I have NEVER felt so stupid and rude. SHE thought it was funny...I DID NOT! Of course she had to tell everyone the next day and make me feel even worse.
I have kept that ugly bowl, and remind myself often about my big, stupid, inconsiderate mouth! She and I are still friends, and still laugh about it to this day-but what a big lesson to learn over something so small. Mine wasn't even an accident like Lucy Lou's, mine was just being a total jerk!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
LOL...at least your friend thought it was funny.
it would've sucked if she called you names and ran off. LOL.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Apr 9 2005, 01:55 PM
I saw the email but don't worry ... happens all the time.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=50861
[/QUOTE]

I emailed the owner of the dog a person message, and got a nice reply back from her. I felt so bad about my silly stuff getting mixed in with the joy of someone's dog getting a five point major. I don't know her, or her dog, but if I ever go to a show where she is, I'll go up and introduce myself.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
She is a really nice woman. I am sure she will understand

I never met her in person but I talked to through email. I think she is great.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Awww! You poor thing. This is where the internet makes things kind of hard. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the internet. Unfortunately we don't get the advantage of hearing voice inflection, or immediate reaction. Things are taken the wrong way frequently. At least you realized the situation right away and took care of it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Living w/ my son I am now immune to things like this... Examples why;

At 2 his daddy used to pretend to eat basketballs and would shove them under his shirt to make it look like he swallowed it. Well Evan my son walked up to a lady at target who was about 350lbs and asked her how many basketballs she swallowed and how did she make them bounce.

Last year at the beach he walked up to an obese woman and asked her if she knew she was an extremely large woman. She didn't answer as I drug him away he replied "but mommy her clothes are tooo small maybe you should give her a dollar for some new ones" by the way she was in a bikini so...

When he was five learning to read he pulled the fire alarm at school. When the fire marshall asked him why he said "well it says P U L L right there so I did. And the marshall asked yes but what does the rest say... Evan replied I don't know I am only 5 can you read it to me. The marshall just had to laugh as he told him the rest said in case of an emergancy.

He is the most literal child ever... you have to say exactly what you mean. Ok done rambling about my son now... you know how it is your dogs and your kids you can talk forever about them.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
To this day I will remember my most embarassing moment... I was 7!!!
My class had just gotten done with our first session of Sex Ed, and my mom told us we had to babysit my cousins. So we went to their house to pick them up and I decided to use some of my knowledge from earlier in the day. The conversation went something like this:

"Aunt Lori? What are you and Uncle D doing tonight?"
"Well, we are going out for our anniversary."
"Then are you going to come back and have sexual inter...???"

Her face was so red, and I really didn't know what the heck I was talking about. All I remember was my mom looking at me and saying "NATALIE, where did you learn that? That is very private!" and in my smart @$$ sort of way I said, "Well my teacher said to ask questions if we had them... and I had one."

I still can't believe I did that... my face gets HOT whenever I think about it.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Apr 11 2005, 08:19 AM
To this day I will remember my most embarassing moment... I was 7!!!
My class had just gotten done with our first session of Sex Ed, and my mom told us we had to babysit my cousins. So we went to their house to pick them up and I decided to use some of my knowledge from earlier in the day. The conversation went something like this:

"Aunt Lori? What are you and Uncle D doing tonight?"
"Well, we are going out for our anniversary."
"Then are you going to come back and have sexual inter...???"

Her face was so red, and I really didn't know what the heck I was talking about. All I remember was my mom looking at me and saying "NATALIE, where did you learn that? That is very private!" and in my smart @$$ sort of way I said, "Well my teacher said to ask questions if we had them... and I had one."

I still can't believe I did that... my face gets HOT whenever I think about it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=51290
[/QUOTE]

Hilarious!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts