Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who have switched your pups diet and the tear stains went away, could you please tell me which dog food you are currently using.

I just switched to the Nature's Variety Prairie Brand Canine Poultry and Turkey, raw food.

Bella is now 11 months old. She did not get tear stains until this Spring. Now that Spring is over, she still has them, so I am trying to switch to a natural diet. When I got her she was eating the Authority brand from Pet Smart. I switched her to Little Cesar, not the best I know, but she liked it better and would eat more.

Topper has always had them.

In addition to the raw food they eat the Eukanuba and the Blue kibble.

I just made the switch to the raw food this past Sunday and don't see any real change. I am thinking I might need to change the kibble also.

Help greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sharon

·
Registered
499 Posts
The only time mine had a bad staining problem is about one month after I put them on Royal Canine. Jonas has a chronic tearing problem (shape of his eyes) but on the RC the stains turned very dark brown-black. They are back on a diet of Innova, Solid Gold, and SG Just a Wee Bit.
Quincymom

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by Quincymom@Jul 13 2005, 03:34 PM
The only time mine had a bad staining problem is about one month after I put them on Royal Canine. Jonas has a chronic tearing problem (shape of his eyes) but on the RC the stains turned very dark brown-black. They are back on a diet of Innova, Solid Gold, and SG Just a Wee Bit.
Quincymom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80961
[/QUOTE]

I new someone mentioned that to me before about royal canine to keep an eye on chlesey once I put her on it. Was it you?
I have just taken both chester and chelsey off it and chelsey eyes are a little bit better now. She did get very bad tearing... and I think it was the food as she nerver had it before.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i put mine on a homecooked diet and it took a couple of months for all the brownish/red hair to grow out completely. look at my avatar....and then look at sprites dogster page. you'll see a total difference.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Jul 13 2005, 11:50 PM
i put mine on a homecooked diet and it took a couple of months for all the brownish/red hair to grow out completely.  look at my avatar....and then look at sprites dogster page.  you'll see a total difference.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=81172
[/QUOTE]

I don't know that I really have the time for a homecooked diet, but what do you cook -- separate items or can you make like a casserole or stew with a little of everything in it.

Right now I do nuke their current dog food, since it is frozen.

Thanks.

Sharon

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
we boil a bunch of chicken (since gruffi eats A LOT) and we cook the veggies seperate and then the rice in a rice cooker. and then we add vitamins to their food. (bonemeal, flaxseed oil, pet tabs vitamins).

i usually eat some of the dogs food too. LOL (well, w/o the vitamins)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts