Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
I dont cook, not even for myself. I used to give milk thistle to my one mvd girl but stopped when her liver enzymes went back to normal.
For me, less has been better. I used to give my girls 6-8 supplements a day and not sure I noticed a difference. Their blood work remained the same .
i do give Proviable DC daily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What kind of diets and supplements are you all giving your dogs with MDV? Anyone home cook?
I do home cook for mine. I give her vegetables...string beans, broccoli,carrots, corn...the frozen packages of fresh veggies. I steam them, add a potato, chop everything together and separate into individual baggies and freeze. Each baggie is a daily portion for two meals. I warm up in a bit of coconut oil and sometimes add a tiny bit of protein..either salmon, cod, or chicken. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but it actually isn’t and i have found her to be pooping better and more regularly from the fiber. Hope this was some info you find helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are so many supplements out there, it can be overwhelming what to give our dogs. After some intensive research I picked supplements and vitamins containing glucosamine, probiotics, and omega fish oil from this list.

·
Super Moderator
10,261 Posts
If you've not yet done so, I recommend enlisting the support of a holistic vet or integrative vet to provide the appropriate supplements and dietary recommendations. That can be a game changer for your baby!

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you've not yet done so, I recommend enlisting the support of a holistic vet or integrative vet to provide the appropriate supplements and dietary recommendations. That can be a game changer for your baby!
The reason I do the home cooking is that she is a very very very picky eater and even with the home cooking, I have to change it up and try to fool her with additions to her food to make her eat. She’s not underweight..but I’ve sort of painted myself into a corner with what I have created. I give her a multi vitamin...that she does or does not eat and any treats I give her are organic and I try to be careful. i Know I have created a monster...oh, and she will only eat the food if it’s freshly cooked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The reason I do the home cooking is that she is a very very very picky eater and even with the home cooking, I have to change it up and try to fool her with additions to her food to make her eat. She’s not underweight..but I’ve sort of painted myself into a corner with what I have created. I give her a multi vitamin...that she does or does not eat and any treats I give her are organic and I try to be careful. i Know I have created a monster...oh, and she will only eat the food if it’s freshly cooked.
What brand of multivitamin do you use?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts