Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is real smart. Harley is digging at his bed & has all the stuffing all over the floor. Why would he want to make a mess out of his own bed? What a ding bat! :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Ding bat, I love it.
Scooby does that digging thing every time he is going to have a nap. It could be on daddy's recliner, our bed or his bed, I think it is a Maltese habit, we always ask him if he has made it to China yet.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Peanut does that too. Tic has never done it that I've seen, but for Peanut I throw in a little baby blankie in his bed so he has something to dig up and bunch up.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Yes, mine dig also... Kallie is really bad about doing it. She does it on people, too, when she is excited. Pity the person who comes to my house wearing stockings or shorts or a sleeveless shirt... or a knit.... she is a digging maniac..... I have to remind people about this so they won't wear something that could get ruined or end up with their body scratched up..... I'm sure I should be doing something to stop this but . . .

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
They make their bed. The wolf also settle's the ground before resting. That way he makes his bed more comfortable, smoothe's away rough patches, and mostly, chase's off all the dangerous animals like snakes, scorpions... that could hide in it.

So when they are digging, that old wolf instinct comes up.
I can understand the last part about the animals. But when you are smoothing out the wrinkles to make them more comfortable, they go digging and put MORE wrinkles in there, what is that for comfort ?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Scoobydoo@Jun 9 2005, 09:05 AM

Ding bat, I love it.
Scooby does that digging thing every time he is going to have a nap. It could be on daddy's recliner, our bed or his bed, I think it is a Maltese habit, we always ask him if he has made it to China yet.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70857
[/QUOTE]

We call it digging to China too.....

It CRACKED us up when he was a tiny puppy...he would do it EVERY night when he came to our bed...I equated it to the cats padding around to make themselves comfy before they lay down...but Brink was so FAST, and dug so HARD, he was SERIOUS about it!

He doesn't do it as much now as he did when he was younger...I guess he outgrew it.

I am glad he doesn't tear his bed up like Harley...that would be aggravating!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Jun 9 2005, 03:27 PM
They make their bed. The wolf also settle's the ground before resting. That way he makes his bed more comfortable, smoothe's away rough patches, and mostly, chase's off all the dangerous animals like snakes, scorpions... that could hide in it.

So when they are digging, that old wolf instinct comes up.
I can understand the last part about the animals. But when you are smoothing out the wrinkles to make them more comfortable, they go digging and put MORE wrinkles in there, what is that for comfort ? 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70988
[/QUOTE]

Gosh, that makes sense.... I wonder why Kallie "digs" on people, though? I was thinking it was a nervous habit ???

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Scooby does it on us too, and daddy says "ohhhhhh Scooby scratch daddy's back" and off he goes digging on his daddy's back. He does it too on me but on my chest area and I have to stop him because I tell him he is getting too personal, but I think he likes the bouncey bouncey effect he gets, because once he starts he goes silly and just keeps doing it till I have to push him away. I don't think he is ever going to grow out of it. It seems the more we laugh and take notice the more he does this and the faster he goes. You gotta just love em though because they thrive on making us pay attention.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by Scoobydoo@Jun 9 2005, 06:13 PM
Scooby does it on us too, and daddy says "ohhhhhh Scooby scratch daddy's back" and off he goes digging on his daddy's back. He does it too on me but on my chest area and I have to stop him because I tell him he is getting too personal, but I think he likes the bouncey bouncey effect he gets, because once he starts he goes silly and just keeps doing it till I have to push him away. I don't think he is ever going to grow out of it. It seems the more we laugh and take notice the more he does this and the faster he goes. You gotta just love em though because they thrive on making us pay attention.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=71065
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by scrappy+Jun 9 2005, 07:40 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Scoobydoo
@Jun 10 2005, 09:13 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=71065
OMG
What a mental picture this post has given me

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=71084
[/B][/QUOTE]
:new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Jun 9 2005, 08:42 PM
When Alex wants something he paw's me or barks at me. When we play in bed and I cover myself, he tries to digg me out.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=71141
[/QUOTE]

We play this game a lot! If he gets the covers down enough to see my face I get COVERED in kisses!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Oh man do I know what you mean. Gizmo ripped the whole middle out of the underside of his bed, then he would turn it upside dow so that the ripped up part was face up and he'd sleep like that. I eventually had to take it away. I bought him a bed that didn't have a cover so that he couldn't get to the foam (much to his disgust. It's funny though!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by Harleysmom@Jun 9 2005, 08:19 AM
This is real smart. Harley is digging at his bed & has all the stuffing all over the floor. Why would he want to make a mess out of his own bed? What a ding bat! :new_Eyecrazy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70825
[/QUOTE]
Haha thats funny! :D Caesar does the digging thing too

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Bella goes to bed with a blankie, because she used to dig on my bed all night. Now she smushes the blanket so that it makes a pillow for her head and goes right to sleep. Whats funny is she used to have a little pillow, but she just kicked it off the bed like it was useless.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That is soo funny scrappy does the same thing on our bed, here we thought he was trying to get the bed bugs out!!!
he sniffs ,digs and digs then rest's alittle and continues ......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts