Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
You've already got a starchy food with the potatoes so it seems like you need a green vegetable. Are you having a salad? I would also suggest asparagus. You can roast them in the oven and they're so good... it brings out the sweetness....

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Originally posted by HollyHobbie@Sep 15 2005, 03:49 PM
yes I am having a salad. I guess i should have mentioned that lol

how do you do the roasted aspr? I have never made it that way before i only know how to boil them...i'm not a real talented cook lol
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=99972
[/QUOTE]

I put the asparagus on a heavy cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. I haven't made them in a while but I believe I broil them until they start to sort of carmalize just a little. Then you can drizzle some lemon juice on them and maybe some salt when they're done. They cook very quickly so you have to watch them closely.

· Premium Member
21,119 Posts
Originally posted by Scrappy@Sep 15 2005, 07:21 PM
Or some green beans tied with in a bunch with a spring onion or thread thru a carrott ring
For the carrot rings boil them first them when cool not cold cut out the centre enough to hold bout two or three beans split one side and wrap around beans this always looks impressive you can also do this with asparagus.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100036
[/QUOTE]

What a neat idea... I bet it is really a pretty presentation!! Yum!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.