Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone, as some of you know I have added a banner at the top of the forums to help the site make a little money to pay for the hosting as we grow. The current choice is not very profitable and the profitable choice (google adsense) serves ads to puppy mills/brokers.

I have found that google allows you to ban offensive ads from serving on pages as ads. I have decided to give adsense another try since realizing this, however this means I will need a little help weeding out the ads that shouldnt be servered, I hope also by doing this maybe google will see which sites are being banned and realize they are wrong, but who knows. Anyway, I will need anyone who can to do the following...

When you see an offending ad do the following and PM it to me or place it in the "news and Announcements" thread I will creat for this purpose, this is how to do it...

The full destination URL of each ad is contained within the link properties. You can look at the code of the link to find the destination URL:

Right-click on the ad title and select either Copy Shortcut (IE) or Copy Link Location (Netscape).
Open a text editor, such as Notepad, and paste the selection into the text editor. To paste, select Paste from the text editor's Edit menu.
The destination URL of the ad is the text between 'adurl=' and '&'. As an example, the copied URL will appear as follows (the example has been shortened with ellipses):
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagea...ignup.g&client=

or

http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/adc...om/signup.g&sa=

The destination URL in the examples above is http://www.blogger.com/signup.g[/B]
this also means that the ads will display until I get the web addresses added into the filter list, so first: please do the above if possible and second: please allow me some time to clean them up, I do not support puppy mills/brokers and I never will, please know that in case one gets thru before anyone or myself catches it

if this becomes a problem and my plan doesnt work I will once again remove it, if anyone has any questions, objections or suggestions please feel free to post them or PM me

ALSO, i would like to thank those who have already contributed to the site (you know who you are) to help me maintain the hosting for the site

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Hi Joe!!!

I'd be happy to keep an eye out for you as I'm sure everyone else will too!!!! You're always looking out for us, so it's really the least that we could do for you! :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'll be happy to be on the lookout. Since I'm on the board a dozen or more times a day, it should be really easy. Thanks so much JOE, not Jim, for this great board.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
these are the ones i have added so far...

foxmillpets.com
netmeans.com
puppyfind.com
puppypetite.com
shopping.com

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
please realize per googles website...

and changes will take effect within a few hours[/B]

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
foxmillpets.com
happypawskennel.com
louiecorp.com
netmeans.com
pinoakkennels.com
puppyfind.com
puppypetite.com
ramacreskennel.com
shopping.com[/B]
and more pending

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Joe+Feb 20 2005, 09:38 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Feb 20 2005, 09:23 AM
Here's few more:

http://maltesebyvictoria.com
she just seems to be a breeder, not a mill or broker, am i missing something?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=36495
[/B][/QUOTE]

I had not checked out the site... I just now did and it seems to be totally on the "up and up". I guess the "teaser" headline in some way made me think she was a large volume breeder selling over the Internet....

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
findmyperfectpuppy.com
foxmillpets.com
happypawskennel.com
louiecorp.com
netmeans.com
pinoakkennels.com
puppyfind.com
puppypetite.com
ramacreskennel.com
shopping.com
sonshineacres.com
thepuppycorner.com[/B]

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
findmyperfectpuppy.com
foxmillpets.com
happypawskennel.com
louiecorp.com
netmeans.com
nextdaypets.com
pinoakkennels.com
puppydogweb.com
puppyfind.com
puppypetite.com
ramacreskennel.com
shopping.com
sonshineacres.com
thepuppycorner.com[/B]

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi JOE, I was wondering if there is any way you can make it to where if you click on a link on the ads it opens a new window instead of changing this site to the next site.

I have found some of the ads to be useful, but I still want to be here on sm!

Thanks

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Brit'sMom@Feb 21 2005, 11:00 PM
Hi JOE, I was wondering if there is any way you can make it to where if you click on a link on the ads it opens a new window instead of changing this site to the next site.

I have found some of the ads to be useful, but I still want to be here on sm!

Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=36825
[/QUOTE]

good question, i have wondered the same thing, i will check into it

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
1 - 20 of 60 Posts