Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep Licking
Never have I seen a magazine as ridiculous as yours. You freaks must be living in La-La-Land if you are so wrapped up in your domesticated scavenger animals. That's what dogs are you know, scavenger animals. Dumbed-down wolves with brains the size of walnuts. Yet you have articles about bon-bons for dogs. Bon bons!!! Wrapped in a fancy box, tied with a "shimmery ribbon." All this for an ANIMAL that licks its own genitals, sniffs rears, and poops in public. How can you sleep at night knowing that there are manlnourished children the world over while you are promoting bon bons for dogs?????!!!????

Jill
by email

This letter was in the "Our Readers Write" section of the Fall 2004 issue of Modern Dog with Regis and Kelly on the front.

How rude!!!!!! Can we help it if we have a soft spot in our hearts for our furbabies? And have you noticed that a LOT of people who are pet lovers are also active HUMAN lovers too, and give a lot of time and money to charities, churches and homes that need a little help? Who says we can't buy designer duds and "bon bons" for our doggies and still go and help feed a needy family, or do the Angel Tree during Christmas, adopt a child, help our church, mentor youth, and volunteer at soup kitchens (these are things Ive actually done or am doing and I'm 20 yrs old)

And even if you don't give all you can to help out, what is wrong with loving your pup?! They need love and food too!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

Some people are just IGNORANT!
What were they doing reading a dog magazine anyway if that is the way they felt!?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
That is very rude! Why don't they target these people who can spend 4000$/week on clothes (The wifeswap lady:p ) about needing to spend money elsewhere like helping the starving people. Just because we love and care about our dogs is no reason to even compare spending money on pets instead of sending it to some other country towards starving kids and really who knows where the money is actually going. Yes I agree if u have a heart for a dog u probably also have a heart to help others because you care and are obviously a caring person. We do the little christmas tree they have at walmart every year and buy gifts for the the name we pick off of the tree. Honestly if u send money to help the starving people instead of buying bonbons for ur dog, in the writters example, what will that just give one kid one meal??? Also I feel like if we own a dog and work for our money its okay to spend some money on ourselfs or people/animals we love. We pay enough in taxes we dont 'owe' anyone anymore of our hard worked earnings. Yes it is wonderful to help out and we do but that lady makes it sound like we are expected to or obligated to spend every dollar we dont use towards survival to starving people. By the way buying bon bons for dogs helps prevent a starving dog
...right:D . That lady must have never owned a dog because then she would realize that they are very loving, smart, and affectionate creatures, not just some small brained scavenger. Okay sorry I think I am done venting now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi everyone. I also am a die-hard animal lover and I'm not trying to stir up anything here but, it is so obvious that the lady who wrote that letter was also venting and none of us really know where she's coming from. She may have recently seen something on TV about the horrible conditions overseas, or may work with struggling families where the children don't have decent clothes or food. Just recently, I saw on Yahoo News Page a picture of a child in a weigh-sling who look like just a head and sticks for a body and on the same page was a picture of a North American man who had lost some 300 lbs after reaching approx.1000 lbs. The contrast was both startling and awesome, but in a very bad way. She is not an animal lover and cannot understand how people can spend money on their pets when some people don't even have a home. I love my dogs and I spend a lot of money on their comforts but, on the other hand, when I think about other, less fortunate people, I feel very guilty. The lady who wrote that letter offended a lot of people, no doubt, but who knows, maybe it's a reminder to be more generous the next time we get the opportunity to help another human in need. I truly hope no one gets unduly offended by my post. This topic just made me think of an alternate idea to my "knee-jerk" reaction to that lady's letter.

Gail

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
We can't get mad for every dumb/thoughtless remark everyone makes. We'd be mad 24/7. Plus I'm sure we all have done it once or twice. Lets just be glad she doesn't have pets!

I think the majority of the world needs "help." There are so many people in this world that needs "help," and I bet it includes most of you who are in this forum. Whether it be money, family, love, etc. You name it, we all have/had issues! I find that my babies HELP me. I know ya'll know what I'm talking about. They love you unconditionally, and they make you see that it's the simple things in life that makes you happy. This is another way to think of it.

Anyway, I think she's just upset b/c no one licks HER genitalia.

I dare someone like her go up to Oprah and say that. How many dogs does she have? And YOU KNOW she treats them like kings and queens...she admitted it!

What she said was thoughtless. Oh well...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Oct 9 2004, 11:52 AM
I think the majority of the world needs "help."  There are so many people in this world that needs "help," and I bet it includes most of you who are in this forum.  Whether it be money, family, love, etc.  You name it, we all have/had issues!  I find that my babies HELP me.  I know ya'll know what I'm talking about.  They love you unconditionally, and they make you see that it's the simple things in life that makes you happy.  This is another way to think of it.   

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=11589
[/QUOTE]

Right on Buttercloud!!!
You don't know how right you are-
As much as I love my husband and kids and of course I truly count them as blessings in my life ...some days it is prayer and Brinkley that get me through...otherwise I would be a mess of tears and depression in a corner somewhere.... :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
in my country, there is a saying that if a person is an animal lover, that person is truely a kind person..even if the person does horrible things but truely loves animals, that person is still a kind person..

i think thats the saying... <_<

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
In the words of my 7 year old...."wee little peanut brained person". Obviously this individual has some deep seeded problems with dogs....I guess he hasn't learned that if you dog doesn't love you, then no one else will either.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I totally agree with you TLunn...what was she doing reading a dog magazine if that was how she felt?

Do you suppose she just happened to pick it up off of the top of the pile in her Psychiatrist's office??????

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Snertsmom@Oct 10 2004, 01:17 PM
I totally agree with you TLunn...what was she doing reading a dog magazine if that was how she felt?

Do you suppose she just happened to pick it up off of the top of the pile in her Psychiatrist's office??????

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=11639
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Oct 9 2004, 11:52 AM
Anyway, I think she's just upset b/c no one licks HER genitalia. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=11589
[/QUOTE]

OMG!!!!! LOL LOL LOL!

Totally agree, this woman sounds VERY bitter!

And I agree with the person who talked about how some people are mad at us for spending extra money on our dogs as if we should spend every penny earned elsewhere in the world.

I and my boyfriend work for our money. We should be able to spend it as we choose. And it just so happens we love spending some of it on cute stuff for our dogs. Does that mean we don't give to charity or forget spending money on charity, how about time? I do ALL of the above and I am offended that someone would think JUST because I spend money on my dog, that I am blind to the ways of the world!

Its like people with babies. So does "Jill" believe that babies are "dumb-downed" versions of adults? Does she believe that you are not suppossed to spend money on nice clothes and shoes because "they are going to grow out of them anyway"? What a moron...

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Brit's mom---HAHAHAH of all the things you can quote someone on, I cant believe you quoted that! HAHAHAH, I was thinking about editing/deleting that b/c I was afraid I might have been too vulgar or offended someone. It was a spure of the moment response! Saying that she's just bitter sounds more tasteful. LOL

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Oct 10 2004, 09:39 PM
Brit's mom---HAHAHAH of all the things you can quote someone on, I cant believe you quoted that!  HAHAHAH, I was thinking about editing/deleting that b/c I was afraid I might have been too vulgar or offended someone.  It was a spure of the moment response!  Saying that she's just bitter sounds more tasteful. LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=11680
[/QUOTE]

hahhaa
i was gonna quote on that too but i didnt.. :ph34r:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
HEHEHE...One rude remark deserves another...Or something LOL. You guys just have to forgive me for being crude. I use to be so passive. Now, I'm tired of ppl's ignorant crap that I have to let them have it! But I'm not trying to be mean
. Sometimes you have to yell and shout and cuss to get your point across. I'm merely trying to make this world a better place by trying to open up ppl's mind. Seriously!

Ok here's the thing. I hate when people say crap to me. I think they do it b/c they don't think I'd say anything back. I'm sure some of you guys already seen my picture. So I LOVE LOVE LOVE setting people straight. They're always so surprised when I talk back.

Ok what's my point this time? Don't mess with me?!?! HAHHAHA jkjkjk

·
Registered
707 Posts
I agree that we all work very hard and we should spend our money as we wish. I'm moving to an apartment by myself and that's why I got Bella. She is my companion and I feel like I'm not alone. She helps me with her unconditional love and companionship. I also agree that there are many starving children in the world but I for example volunteer for the Make a Wish Foundation, Angel Tree program, the Camillus House in Miami which is for the homeless, the United Way and many other organizations. I do my part in my community so if I feel like buying bom boms for Bella I WILL!!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by mylittlebella@Oct 12 2004, 09:06 AM
...I for example volunteer for the Make a Wish Foundation, ...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=11795
[/QUOTE]

I've helped out with Make a wish for years. I'm an un-official volunteer. My mom has been involved with Make a wish for about 10 years. She's the co-chair of the local chapter in my home town. It is a great organization.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts