Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Dixie goes for her spay tomorrow!!

2K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  kab 
Originally posted by kab@Jul 26 2005, 09:06 AM
Hello everyone.  Well it  is the day after Chloe's surgery.  I can tell she is still in great pain.  I did get her to eat a few green beans.  I took that opportunity to stick her pain meds in one.  It was sad to see her calmly open her mouth for what she normally does flips over.  She is a green bean junkie!  When she starts to walk, she looks up at me as if to say, "Something terrible has happened to me."

I hope these next few days go by quickly.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84539
[/QUOTE]

Did the vet give you something for pain? Mine always sends home some buprenex(sp) in a dosed syringe for a couple days.

I had been thinking about Dixie and Chloe and the descriptions of all the pain. And I just couldn't remember either Kallie or Catcher being in such obvious pain after their neutering surgeries. They did have a pain killer for a couple days but they were pretty much themselves almost from the get-go.

I had a "flash" this morning of maybe why.... They both had laser surgery. The vet had said there would be less pain, but I sort of thought it could just be part of the "sales pitch"..... But maybe there is truth to it! ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.