Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Dixie goes for her spay tomorrow!!

2K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  kab 
My little one, Chloe, is also getting spayed tomorrow. I am very nervous, also. She has two baby teeth that they are going to remove at the same time. Chloe just turned 7 months, so I am probably just in time to miss her first heat.

I go to pick Chloe up from the vet in an hour. I also had to be double worried today because I decided to get Sugar's teeth cleaned. My cat, Whiskers, is there getting his yearly vaccinations. I had to leave him because he had a reaction last year and they wanted to monitor him. It has been so lonely at my house today. My only critter left is my sheltie, Rosie. It is so hot that all she wants to do is lie around the house and sleep. Thanks for all the well wishes. I will update all of you after I get my babies back home later this evening.

I picked up my animals about an hour ago. Sugar, who just got her teeth cleaned, is all perky and glad to be at home again with her mommy. Poor Chloe is not doing as well. She was spayed and is feeling horrible. I have got her in a room with a wee wee pad so I don't have to worry if she needs to go potty. You know how they act when they are sick......go off in a corner by themselves. Well, that is what she is doing. It just breaks my heart, but I think she is better off without me interfering tonight. Maybe she will want me to pamper her tomorrow. I know she will be better off in the long run, but this is tough.

Hello everyone. Well it is the day after Chloe's surgery. I can tell she is still in great pain. I did get her to eat a few green beans. I took that opportunity to stick her pain meds in one. It was sad to see her calmly open her mouth for what she normally does flips over. She is a green bean junkie! When she starts to walk, she looks up at me as if to say, "Something terrible has happened to me."

I hope these next few days go by quickly.

Originally posted by Fach+Jul 26 2005, 09:13 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fach
@Jul 24 2005, 03:14 PM
Dixie goes in for her spay tomorrow morning. She was originally scheduled for last Thursday, but it was rescheduled. I am worried about her. She is so tiny. I'm sure she will be fine. She has a great vet. Wish her luck!!!!
PS. I'll let everyone know about the urine culture when we return home. Thanks for all the support. I love this site

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84082
Good morning all. Dixie is up and around today. Moving very slow. She didn't want to eat this morning again so I gave her some gerber Graduates meat sticks. She ate two of those. Just happy to get something into her. She must be very sore. her little tail which normally is up and curled like a piggy tail is hanging limp and low. Poor girl! Off to find some enticing canned food for her. I have read of many favorites here and hope to locate a few.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84543
[/B][/QUOTE]
You just described exactly the way Chloe looks also. She walks with her tail way down and sort of humped. Did they send you home with anything for pain?

Chloe is doing much better today but is still not her normal self yet. Last night at 1:40 am I heard her scratching on her crate door. She has always slept in her crate right beside by bed with no accidents. I got up immediately to check on her and this foul aroma hit me. She had pooped in her crate. Poor baby. She has never had an accident in her crate. I cleaned in up and she slept in the bed with me for the rest of the night. Atleast it wasn't diarhea!

Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jul 27 2005, 10:18 AM
I had been thinking about Dixie and Chloe and the descriptions of all the pain. And I just couldn't remember either Kallie or Catcher being in such obvious pain after their neutering surgeries. They did have a pain killer for a couple days but they were pretty much themselves almost from the get-go.

I had a "flash" this morning of maybe why.... They both had laser surgery. The vet had said there would be less pain, but I sort of thought it could just be part of the "sales pitch".....  But maybe there is truth to it!  ??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84913
[/QUOTE]
i am assuming since you said "neutering" that both of your malts are boys. The guys have it soooooo much easier. When I bring home a rescue that has been neutered, they are usually playing and wrestling around the same day as the surgery. I wish it was that easy on the girls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.