Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Dixie goes for her spay tomorrow!!

2K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  kab 
#1 ·
Dixie goes in for her spay tomorrow morning. She was originally scheduled for last Thursday, but it was rescheduled. I am worried about her. She is so tiny. I'm sure she will be fine. She has a great vet. Wish her luck!!!!
PS. I'll let everyone know about the urine culture when we return home. Thanks for all the support. I love this site

See less See more
Discussion starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Fach@Jul 24 2005, 03:14 PM
Dixie goes in for her spay tomorrow morning. She was originally scheduled for last Thursday, but it was rescheduled. I am worried about her. She is so tiny. I'm sure she will be fine. She has a great vet. Wish her luck!!!!
PS. I'll let everyone know about the urine culture when we return home. Thanks for all the support. I love this site

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84082
[/QUOTE]
Yes, good luck to Chloe too! I know her mom is as nervous as i am. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. We leave in a few minutes. Wish i didn't have to drop her off so early. I'll log on later with up dates. Thanks again for your kindness.

Discussion starter · #17 ·

[/QUOTE]
Hey everyone. Picked up Dixie at 5:00 today. Poor baby. It's like the wind is gone from her sails. I gave her a little water and tried to feed her some canned food. She only ate about a teaspoon of food. I'll try again in a little while. The vet was unable to collect any urine for the culture, so i brought home a syringe to collect some myself. All seems to be ok. She is clearly uncomfortable. i was instructed not to bathe her until sutures are removed 10-14 days. That is going to be tough! That and trying to keep her from running and jumping around for a week. If any of you remember i wrote in this past week about her moping when I put clothes or collars on her. that just might be the perfect answer to keeping her calm
I'll keep you up to date on her progress. Thanks so much for all the support!!!

Discussion starter · #21 ·
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Jul 25 2005, 07:00 PM
glad everyone made it through their procedures.  hope they both have a speedy recovery!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84402
[/QUOTE]
Holy Cow! I just checked out your picture site. WOW great photos. Must be nice to be so talented!!!

Discussion starter · #27 ·

[/QUOTE]
Good morning all. Dixie is up and around today. Moving very slow. She didn't want to eat this morning again so I gave her some gerber Graduates meat sticks. She ate two of those. Just happy to get something into her. She must be very sore. her little tail which normally is up and curled like a piggy tail is hanging limp and low. Poor girl! Off to find some enticing canned food for her. I have read of many favorites here and hope to locate a few.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Originally posted by kab+Jul 26 2005, 08:20 AM-->
Originally posted by Fach@Jul 26 2005, 09:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Fach
@Jul 24 2005, 03:14 PM

Good morning all. Dixie is up and around today. Moving very slow. She didn't want to eat this morning again so I gave her some gerber Graduates meat sticks. She ate two of those. Just happy to get something into her. She must be very sore. her little tail which normally is up and curled like a piggy tail is hanging limp and low. Poor girl! Off to find some enticing canned food for her. I have read of many favorites here and hope to locate a few.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84543

[/QUOTE]
You just described exactly the way Chloe looks also. She walks with her tail way down and sort of humped. Did they send you home with anything for pain?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84553
[/B][/QUOTE]
Yes, half size pill of torbutrol 1 mg every 8 hours. She is doing much better today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.