Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Dixie goes for her spay tomorrow!!

2K views 35 replies 14 participants last post by  kab 
#1 ·
Dixie goes in for her spay tomorrow morning. She was originally scheduled for last Thursday, but it was rescheduled. I am worried about her. She is so tiny. I'm sure she will be fine. She has a great vet. Wish her luck!!!!
PS. I'll let everyone know about the urine culture when we return home. Thanks for all the support. I love this site

See less See more
#10 ·
Originally posted by Fach@Jul 24 2005, 03:14 PM
Dixie goes in for her spay tomorrow morning. She was originally scheduled for last Thursday, but it was rescheduled. I am worried about her. She is so tiny. I'm sure she will be fine. She has a great vet. Wish her luck!!!!
PS. I'll let everyone know about the urine culture when we return home. Thanks for all the support. I love this site

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84082
[/QUOTE]
Yes, good luck to Chloe too! I know her mom is as nervous as i am. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. We leave in a few minutes. Wish i didn't have to drop her off so early. I'll log on later with up dates. Thanks again for your kindness.

#15 ·
I go to pick Chloe up from the vet in an hour. I also had to be double worried today because I decided to get Sugar's teeth cleaned. My cat, Whiskers, is there getting his yearly vaccinations. I had to leave him because he had a reaction last year and they wanted to monitor him. It has been so lonely at my house today. My only critter left is my sheltie, Rosie. It is so hot that all she wants to do is lie around the house and sleep. Thanks for all the well wishes. I will update all of you after I get my babies back home later this evening.

#16 ·
I picked up my animals about an hour ago. Sugar, who just got her teeth cleaned, is all perky and glad to be at home again with her mommy. Poor Chloe is not doing as well. She was spayed and is feeling horrible. I have got her in a room with a wee wee pad so I don't have to worry if she needs to go potty. You know how they act when they are sick......go off in a corner by themselves. Well, that is what she is doing. It just breaks my heart, but I think she is better off without me interfering tonight. Maybe she will want me to pamper her tomorrow. I know she will be better off in the long run, but this is tough.

#17 ·
Originally posted by Fach@Jul 24 2005, 03:14 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84082
[/QUOTE]
Hey everyone. Picked up Dixie at 5:00 today. Poor baby. It's like the wind is gone from her sails. I gave her a little water and tried to feed her some canned food. She only ate about a teaspoon of food. I'll try again in a little while. The vet was unable to collect any urine for the culture, so i brought home a syringe to collect some myself. All seems to be ok. She is clearly uncomfortable. i was instructed not to bathe her until sutures are removed 10-14 days. That is going to be tough! That and trying to keep her from running and jumping around for a week. If any of you remember i wrote in this past week about her moping when I put clothes or collars on her. that just might be the perfect answer to keeping her calm
I'll keep you up to date on her progress. Thanks so much for all the support!!!

#21 ·
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Jul 25 2005, 07:00 PM
glad everyone made it through their procedures.  hope they both have a speedy recovery!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=84402
[/QUOTE]
Holy Cow! I just checked out your picture site. WOW great photos. Must be nice to be so talented!!!

#25 ·
Was thinking of your girls today. Glad everyone is home. Believe me, they'll be back to normal in no time and you'll be wondering how you are going to keep them quiet for another week!

#26 ·
Hello everyone. Well it is the day after Chloe's surgery. I can tell she is still in great pain. I did get her to eat a few green beans. I took that opportunity to stick her pain meds in one. It was sad to see her calmly open her mouth for what she normally does flips over. She is a green bean junkie! When she starts to walk, she looks up at me as if to say, "Something terrible has happened to me."

I hope these next few days go by quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.