Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi picked dixie up at 3.00 pm today after her spay. i nearly cried in the vets dropping her off.

i rang at half one and they said she was fine. she had a painkilling injection that lasts 24 hours and she has stitches out in 9 days.

she's been stumbling about abit but mostly sleeping!

she's had some little wee's outside and some chicken. she ate well and has kept it down!

so glad she's home again and just love her so much!

very pleased with our decision and thanks to all you guys for your expert knowledge and advice

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Aw congrats on Dixie's successful spay!!

Lucy's getting spayed on Mar 21st, and I'm a ball of nerves already.

How much did Dixie weigh and how old was she?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Lacey's first night home...she would walk about a foot and have to rest against a piece of furniture. She slept most of the night. The next day...by noon she was running and chasing the cats.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Glad she is home and doing well!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Glad it went well too! A trillion XOXO's from Buttercloud and Noriko.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
How wonderful. It's always such a relief when all is well, she's home, and on the road to recovery. Our best wishes...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lucy's getting spayed on Mar 21st, and I'm a ball of nerves already.

How much did Dixie weigh and how old was she?

i'll be thinking about you and lucy! dixie is a week short of 6 months and 5 pounds.

she slept all night and is more like herself today, trying to run in the garden! her legs are giving way sometimes! she's got a great appetite and doing well. she has tried to scratch at the stitches with her back paws but she's not touching them.
i'll keep an eye on her cus the cone mite have to go on!!!

it's really helped having the lovely people and furbabies for support and advice, make sure you post all about it!

i made sure i was busy the morning of her spay so i couldn't ponder over it too much

thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Great to hear everything went well!! when i dropped Sunny off for his neuter (which they kept insisting was a spay just becuase he has a bow in his hair) they were walking off with him and he relized i wasnt coming and he just stopped walking and stared at me, i was like 2 seconds from trying to get to sit around with him at the vet all day before his surgery lol...though i really doubt they would have let me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i know it's heartbreaking! glad it's over now and only have to go back for stitches out
doubt she'll trot in vets all happy like she used to again thou!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts